Accrington v LATICS | Page 6 | Vital Football

Accrington v LATICS

Great result, really glad Wyke got two goals and there's more to come,
unbelievable start to the season.

Talal must be over the moon with the team's and management results so far,
and with the backing of the Latics fans, he must be 'chuffed' as a butty!

Now that was a proper proper away trip.
Never mind the result and performance both of which were fantastic.
To watch a game of football at an old fashioned ground so close to the pitch and the atmosphere has resulted in my 3 kids now understanding why their dad fell in love with football and Tics at Springy.
Hats off to Accy for the welcome, the marquee, live bands etc etc - so much better than the souless South stand bar last week..
Top of the league tops it off - happy days 😁

What an away day outstanding from every player and that following was awesome 2.5k+ completely buzzing. One of my funny’s about today was Max Powers kids banging the seats down to start the chants in Whinney stand🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁WIGAN. Brilliant feels like the good times are coming back.UTFT.

To watch a game of football at an old fashioned ground so close to the pitch and the atmosphere has resulted in my 3 kids now understanding why their dad fell in love with football and Tics at Springy.
Hats off to Accy for the welcome, the marquee, live bands etc etc - so much better than the souless South stand bar last week..

Spot on.
Well done Accrington for a cracking away day.
Top marks to Sean McConville for his acting too. It felt like he was an old school panto villain during the first half.
That manure whiff every so often helped clear the sinuses too.

Callum Lang was superb during the first half but very quiet during the second half. The Accrington half time substitution appeared to have kept him quiet.
James McClean had an iffy first half with iffy being polite. Perked up late in the 2nd half though.
Accrington's goal looked an absolute scorcher from the centre back Nottingham. He was gutted after Wyke's second.
The build up to Charlie Wyke's first goal was a thing of beauty. Will Keane's pass was Nick Powell-esque.

Highlights
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12411692/accrington-1-4-wigan

Last edited:
Great day out. We too were near the Max clan. Good to see them having fun.

Credit to Accrington. They all seemed to go out of their way to welcome us.
We never really looked in trouble. Even when they scored we just upped a gear and went and got another.

I’ve said it before but there were times last year I thought we’d be liquidated. It was sad to think we’d never experience these type of days again. A fantastic day out at a club surviving and out performing themselves in the league pyramid. Made a change to be stood on a terrace, be so close to the pitch and not being able to see some of it. Brought back some happy memories. Mind you the smell of burgers seemed to have been replaced by the smell of horseshit queuing up to get in.

As for the match I thought we were dominant and the scoreline flattered Accrington. Scored some good goals and by all accounts should have had several pens though I couldn’t judge from the view I had. It was an excellent response to go and score the third to kill the game after they undeservedly got a lifeline, though it was a good goal to be fair. It was somewhat cathartic for all concerned to see Wyke get off the mark I must say. Difficult to pick out a man of the match as I thought we were excellent all over the pitch and it was a proper team performance.

Very good summary, Accies 'old fashioned ground' takes me back to the
Non-League days and is intimidating for a lot of teams,
who feel 'claustrophobic' on these type of grounds.

Re: Wigan Athletic home match thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca
The trouble makers were in cuffs in front of the Crown, one had hit Steward clean in the face in the Clayton End the police man was saying on the radio.

It was going on for 15 minutes behind the goal in the middle of the 2nd half.
Were they so called Wigan fans or trouble makers from Accrington area because today what I witnessed was very well behaved Wigan fans and after the game I walked up Whalley road in the company of a young chap hurrying for the train very polite and obviously pleased with his side's win but also was interested in my long interest in Stanley then like they do he ran to catch up with his mates leaving a codger like me behind thinking what a polite young gentleman.

Well done young tic whoever you are - above fm Accy forum

Just seen the highlights and that first Wyke goal was a superb finish. Give him service and he will score!

On a side note from the highlights, I hope Wyke knocked some teeth out of that ****’s mouth who invaded the pitch, slipped on his arse and got kneed in the face by him. Twats like him could easily pass Covid onto the players doing shite like that.

Drove to the game and was stunned when parking was asked to "donate what you want" for parking. We paid £5 as this was what we expected to pay, but thought it ws so refreshing to have a club not looking to screw every penny they can out of the away fans.

Well done Accy. Credit to you.

Listen to you men, all week its been "i'll take a draw, i'll take a scrappy 0-0, everyone on here tossing themselves off tonight over that win today, fuckin' embarrassing you lot!

Drove to the game and was stunned when parking was asked to "donate what you want" for parking. We paid £5 as this was what we expected to pay, but thought it ws so refreshing to have a club not looking to screw every penny they can out of the away fans.

Well done Accy. Credit to you.
I didn't know where their car park was, so parked for free in a side street across the road from the ground.