Accrington v LATICS | Page 3 | Vital Football

Accrington v LATICS

If someone was dedicated enough to go all the way up to Sunderland and all the way down to Charlton i can't see them not bothering with the games on their doorstep.

The number of people who go all the away games but none of the home games i imagine is literally zero.

The supporters who are committed enough to spend the time and money to do the long distances to cheer on their team shouldn't miss the local high demand away games.

In the season we got promoted under Cook, i went to about 15 away games including some of the very unglamorous ones like Northampton on New Years day and Bristol Rovers away on a cold wet Tuesday night but i missed out on Fleetwood when we got promoted. I ended up managing to get in the home end but you had to effectively pretend you weren't a Latics fan when the goals were flying in. It should've been an amazing day but it was bit shit seeing the team celebrate promotion at the packed away end down the other side of the ground and not be involved at all. But there will have been loads in the Latics end who only turned out for their first away game as it's down the road and a bit of glory but weren't doing any of the slogs earlier in the season. I don't blame the individuals as the tickets were a free for all, but i think the club should've given the few hundred fans at the worst away games first refusal for the likes of Fleetwood especially when it was going to potentially be the day we sealed promotion. It's a bit like if you are involved in setting up a party and then being told you haven't got an invite to the big day.

Most clubs reward loyalty of the fans who do the least desirable games with priority access to the most desirable ones. As Jeff says in 2021 there really is no reason our club couldn't sort something out.

Shrewsbury away on the last day could be a right laugh. 1400 odd tickets for a game that could have promotion riding on it.

Until then though, people can relax. The fact that Accrington hasn't sold out yet suggests that it will comfortably go to general sale. Fleetwood and Morecambe will both be Tuesday nights and Crewe is Boxing Day. Unless we get a big cup draw, none of our games will see supply outstrip demand apart from Shrewsbury.

Shrewsbury away on the last day could be a right laugh. 1400 odd tickets for a game that could have promotion riding on it.

Until then though, people can relax. The fact that Accrington hasn't sold out yet suggests that it will comfortably go to general sale. Fleetwood and Morecambe will both be Tuesday nights and Crewe is Boxing Day. Unless we get a big cup draw, none of our games will see supply outstrip demand apart from Shrewsbury.
I'll be pretty relaxed about that one.
I have a Shrews Client Code from when I got tickets for our 5-1 win there in 2016...
and yes it still works! 😉👌

If someone was dedicated enough to go all the way up to Sunderland and all the way down to Charlton i can't see them not bothering with the games on their doorstep.

The number of people who go all the away games but none of the home games i imagine is literally zero.

The supporters who are committed enough to spend the time and money to do the long distances to cheer on their team shouldn't miss the local high demand away games.

In the season we got promoted under Cook, i went to about 15 away games including some of the very unglamorous ones like Northampton on New Years day and Bristol Rovers away on a cold wet Tuesday night but i missed out on Fleetwood when we got promoted. I ended up managing to get in the home end but you had to effectively pretend you weren't a Latics fan when the goals were flying in. It should've been an amazing day but it was bit shit seeing the team celebrate promotion at the packed away end down the other side of the ground and not be involved at all. But there will have been loads in the Latics end who only turned out for their first away game as it's down the road and a bit of glory but weren't doing any of the slogs earlier in the season. I don't blame the individuals as the tickets were a free for all, but i think the club should've given the few hundred fans at the worst away games first refusal for the likes of Fleetwood especially when it was going to potentially be the day we sealed promotion. It's a bit like if you are involved in setting up a party and then being told you haven't got an invite to the big day.

Most clubs reward loyalty of the fans who do the least desirable games with priority access to the most desirable ones. As Jeff says in 2021 there really is no reason our club couldn't sort something out.
I don't see a problem with rewarding people who go to all the away games but when do you start rewarding them - after 2 away games? This away games priority should be based on historical info not current 2 away games.

I don't see a problem with rewarding people who go to all the away games but when do you start rewarding them - after 2 away games? This away games priority should be based on historical info not current 2 away games.

I agree and it’s why it should have been implemented years ago. However it should also be started now - though I accept given the mess they inherited (and the fantastic job they’ve done so far) it’s probably not high on their priority list.

Mate of mine is struggling to get through on the phone, he's been to Sunderland and Charlton away but is competing with 6000 other people, the vast majority of whom went to neither.

Charlton & Accrington tickets initially sold as a package.
Ipswich & Shrewsbury tickets also initially sold in a bundle.

When they've not got the ticketing system keep track beyond the start of this season we've got to start somewhere and we've only got those 2 away games plus Hull in the cup to go on. So it is still historically but it's just a short history for the time being.

But at least it seems like Accy didn't sell out instantly, so in theory all of those who went to those 3 away games shouldn't have missed out if they already tried to book, so it shouldn't be an issue thankfully. But certainly something that the club should keep in mind to avoid any issues in the future. It doesn't happen that often but it's certainly a headache when it does.

I am quite happy to see the loyalest fans getting preferential treatment for the best away games - generally there are enough tickets to go round and in this case, Accy tickets didn't sell out. So that's all right then.

Having followed the team for a hundred or so years and had some 42 match seasons, I find work commitments and cash get in the way of some away travel nowadays - roll on retirement. I would have been disappointed if I didn't get Accy (or Bolton tickets), as they are my closest teams - living between Chorley and Blackburn.

However, if someone travelled to Charlton, etc, then I think they deserve first dibs. I would try to get in the home end. I am still a member of Fylde and Fleetwood after past Latics trips. I still get invites to jumble sales at both clubs!

As for the Believe thing being a factor, I am not sure that should be a criteria. There are still a lot of people who cannot afford that, so it would be alienating fans who have enough trouble raising money for match days.

Just my opinion as usual.

Luckily I doubt anyone has missed out on Accy who wants to go as we haven't sold out, the next big challenge could potentially be a non league team / smaller league team in the FA Cup round 1.
I seem to remember being very lucky to get a ticket for Barrow away in the FA Cup a while ago. I just don't want to have to rely on luck next time / every time, if I miss out because others are deemed more deserving based on whatever criteria has been advertised in advance / measured then that's fair enough, to miss out cos I can't get to a laptop at 9am where as others can would be very galling.

I am quite happy to see the loyalest fans getting preferential treatment for the best away games - generally there are enough tickets to go round and in this case, Accy tickets didn't sell out. So that's all right then.

Having followed the team for a hundred or so years and had some 42 match seasons, I find work commitments and cash get in the way of some away travel nowadays - roll on retirement. I would have been disappointed if I didn't get Accy (or Bolton tickets), as they are my closest teams - living between Chorley and Blackburn.

However, if someone travelled to Charlton, etc, then I think they deserve first dibs. I would try to get in the home end. I am still a member of Fylde and Fleetwood after past Latics trips. I still get invites to jumble sales at both clubs!

As for the Believe thing being a factor, I am not sure that should be a criteria. There are still a lot of people who cannot afford that, so it would be alienating fans who have enough trouble raising money for match days.

Just my opinion as usual.
It was just a tongue in cheek comment.
My belief is that the Club is doing the right thing by giving season ticket holder preference as they are financially supporting the club. Just awarding preference based on 2 away games is silly.

It was a good point though - I am sure it will be thrown into the argument in future 😁

Second point is right-ish.

I have got my ticket but my Accy mate is letting me down and going to watch some cricket match 😐

Accy have given us another allocation.
If that sells out we'll be taking almost half what Accy's ground can hold.

Says an extra 80 terrace tickets. Seems bizarre why they weren’t on offer in the first place given they literally can’t do anything else with them.
We've been given the full seating stand now too.
They originally give us Blocks C to H, now they've given us A & B as well.

At first it was said there would be extra areas of seating given and Stanley fans using those would be moved to the other stand. Maybe those to come yet.

At first it was said there would be extra areas of seating given and Stanley fans using those would be moved to the other stand. Maybe those to come yet.
The initial allocation was, I think, 2,054.
Now there's going to be in excess of 2,500 if we sell out.