Accrington v LATICS | Page 2 | Vital Football

Accrington v LATICS

Yes, but of the 6000 season ticket holders, how many did both Sunderland and Charlton ? Less than 750. Why were these guys not given first dibs, then the ones who went just to just one of Charlton, or Sunderland - probably another 1500, then a mass free for all for the last few available tickets.
Also, if these rules were established up front we'd have almost certainly had more on at Charlton, but there's no incentive cos we sell out Accy away whatever happens and the club aren't really arsed which of their fans get one as long as they are all sold.

Completely agree that the club should try and ensure the most dedicated fans who go to the furthest away games shouldn't miss out on the local ones due to excessive demand.

Many clubs have something set up for these instances, i'm sure it shouldn't be beyond us to have something in place. We've got this fans fund idea of pretty much donating extra money to the club, so i can't see why we couldn't at set something up in conjunction with that. Lots of bands have presales if you are a member of their 'fan club' so it encourages a lot of people to join just for that option.

Said for years there should have a system whereby you accrue points for attending away games. A Tuesday night at Portsmouth for example being worth more than a Bolton away on a Saturday. Done over a rolling three year period (along with being a season ticket holder) and then certain points levels have first dibs at those away fixtures where demand exceeds supply. It would take a few years to build up a picture but the club should start such a scheme ASAP. Regardless the previous system adding client codes to one account to enable multiple purchases was far easier and more efficient.

Said for years there should have a system whereby you accrue points for attending away games. A Tuesday night at Portsmouth for example being worth more than a Bolton away on a Saturday. Done over a rolling three year period (along with being a season ticket holder) and then certain points levels have first dibs at those away fixtures where demand exceeds supply. It would take a few years to build up a picture but the club should start such a scheme ASAP. Regardless the previous system adding client codes to one account to enable multiple purchases was far easier and more efficient.
Still wouldn't work.
You risk alienating those who go every weekend aways, but can't make midweek aways due to work or family commitments.

The points system can be very divisive if you don't approach it the right way...

Last edited:
Your suggestion means that non-season ticket holders should be prioritised over season ticket holders (I saw a number of non-season ticket holders at the Charlton game). No system is ideal. Club would obviously want to reward those who bought season tickets & rightly so.

I should have been clearer N'Zog, I meant as a way of differentiating from the 6000 season ticket holders. My mate, who has been a season ticket holder since Springfield park days and does maybe three quarters of all away games (shift permitting) and has done every single league, cup and pre season game this season looks like he's missed out. Under whatever system you want how would you say that is fair ?

I should have been clearer N'Zog, I meant as a way of differentiating from the 6000 season ticket holders. My mate, who has been a season ticket holder since Springfield park days and does maybe three quarters of all away games (shift permitting) and has done every single league, cup and pre season game this season looks like he's missed out. Under whatever system you want how would you say that is fair ?
Tickets are still on sale, as far as I'm aware...

Yes, I have my fingers crossed for him, but he can't go online or in person and has limited time that he can spend queuing on a phone as he's working.
If he rings now, he should be ok 👍
The only reason why there was a massive queue on the phones was because the majority of office staff were out front dealing with the queue outside the Stadium.

Still wouldn't work.
You risk alienating those who go every weekend aways, but can't make midweek aways due to work or family commitments.

The points system can be very divisive if you don't approach it the right way...

The numbers that do that are extremely small, so wouldn’t be alienating those who go every weekend away as they’d be guaranteed a ticket anyway. Something has to change to reward those who go to the majority of away fixtures to ensure they have no troubling attending the higher demand fixtures.

The numbers that do that are extremely small, so wouldn’t be alienating those who go every weekend away as they’d be guaranteed a ticket anyway. Something has to change to reward those who go to the majority of away fixtures to ensure they have no troubling attending the higher demand fixtures.
Trouble with that is, long haul midweek games rarely ever sell out, which means they go to General Sale.
You could end up where a non ST holder ends up with more points than a ST holder, which they could argue warrants a ticket ahead of some ST holders.

Like I said, it's very divisive and it doesn't really solve the problem.

Maybe if the tickets went on sale later, say Midday, it gives more fans a better opportunity to get their tickets.

Not sure really there's a 100% fair way to do it, if I'm being honest...

It's 20 bloody 21. We are in the age of computers, data and electronics. A twelve year old could device a scheme that ensures the ones most deserving like the speccies that travelled to Charlton and Sunderland get first dabs then the ones that went to Charlton alone get second dabs and third dabs to the ones that went to Sunderland. Then ST holders, then open sale.

Trouble with that is, long haul midweek games rarely ever sell out, which means they go to General Sale.
You could end up where a non ST holder ends up with more points than a ST holder, which they could argue warrants a ticket ahead of some ST holders.

Like I said, it's very divisive and it doesn't really solve the problem.

Maybe if the tickets went on sale later, say Midday, it gives more fans a better opportunity to get their tickets.

Not sure really there's a 100% fair way to do it, if I'm being honest...

As I said initially, you would also need to be a season ticket to qualify that scenario wouldn’t arise.

100% fair - I grant you perhaps not, but it has to be fairer than the current system.

At least Morecambe away will also be postponed so we can avoid this ticketing rush exacerbated by poor IT in another month.

It's 20 bloody 21. We are in the age of computers, data and electronics. A twelve year old could device a scheme that ensures the ones most deserving like the speccies that travelled to Charlton and Sunderland get first dabs then the ones that went to Charlton alone get second dabs and third dabs to the ones that went to Sunderland. Then ST holders, then open sale.

I don't think it's the tech capability that's being debated, it's the algorithm to be used to allocate. I can see both sides of the argument and as Exiled Viking says, whatever algorithm you choose, someone will be disadvantaged, however, I'd personally still prefer that than no system at all.

As I said initially, you would also need to be a season ticket to qualify that scenario wouldn’t arise.

100% fair - I grant you perhaps not, but it has to be fairer than the current system.

At least Morecambe away will also be postponed so we can avoid this ticketing rush exacerbated by poor IT in another month.
True, but then again, its only the same as a STH who only goes 1 away a season, both have legitimate cases for differing reasons.
It also deters new fans / new STH from attempting to go away games too, as the only games they could possibly attend to attain the relevant number of points would be the long haul midweek games (via General Sale).

I am proof that the points system doesn't work.
If it wasn't for away tickets going to General Sale during the 2014/15 season (because we were playing so bad!) I probably wouldn't have bothered attempting again, and just stuck to home games instead.
But because of that, The 'Tics have gained 2 passionate lifers who live for game day...

As I purchased my ST and my 3 kids referencing my own email for all 4 I can only buy 1 ticket online now have to call which is a nightmare and no chance of being together - first time this season - bloody rubbish Wigan

As I purchased my ST and my 3 kids referencing my own email for all 4 I can only buy 1 ticket online now have to call which is a nightmare and no chance of being together - first time this season - bloody rubbish Wigan

It’s a terrace. So stand where you want 😉

So you're treating season tickets (who gives the Club money) of less value to the Club than away supporters who do not give the club a penny?

So you're treating season tickets (who gives the Club money) of less value to the Club than away supporters who do not give the club a penny?
No but this an away game and it's offering reward for supporting us away. There's also a very good chance that most who travelled to Charlton are season ticket holders too.

Last edited: