Accrington v LATICS | Vital Football

Accrington v LATICS

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
After consultation with Lancashire Police, the game against Wigan Athletic on Saturday 18th September will be an all-ticket Sky Bet League One fixture.

Following police advice, we have initially allocated the Coppice Standing and Studio.co.uk Stand Blocks C to H to Wigan supporters, with Blocks A and B on standby should their initial allocation sell out.

Stanley Season Ticket holders will only be asked to move across to the HML Recycling Stand if Wigan fully sell out their current allocation.

The matchday ticket prices for the Wigan Athletic game are:

• Adults - £25
  • Over-65s - £20
  • 12-17s - £15
  • Under-12s - £5

The game has been categorised as an ALL-TICKET fixture, so it is important that both home and away supporters purchase their match tickets before the day of the game.

Tickets go on sale 9am tomorrow, 2053 available in total.
Going to be a bit of a farce for me trying to get them unfortunately.
We want 7 in our group, but none of us can queue up in person, or hang on the phone (work commitments) and it appears (to me) that I personally can't buy all 7 online myself, we each have to get our own using the email address we registered when originally buying our season tickets. Goodness knows how many of the 7 we'll end up with.

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/september/Ticket-News-Accrington-Stanley-v-Latics/

Gonna be a right ball ache the process for getting these tickets. There’s many things the new regime has right, but the ticketing issue isn’t one of them judging by this information. The previous system of being able to group together client codes was far more efficient and a hell of a lot easier

I also had that error message donniepage had but i managed to get one eventually.

As others have said at the moment it's not very practical for buying tickets at the and needs to be reworked. Back under the old ticket system for games you needed a season ticket for you were able to get client codes for everyone and then one person buy them together. Surely we could bring that functionality back?

I think that priority ticketing for high demand local games like this could probably be a good idea to be part of the Fans Fund.

I also had that error message donniepage had but i managed to get one eventually.

As others have said at the moment it's not very practical for buying tickets at the and needs to be reworked. Back under the old ticket system for games you needed a season ticket for you were able to get client codes for everyone and then one person buy them together. Surely we could bring that functionality back?

I think that priority ticketing for high demand local games like this could probably be a good idea to be part of the Fans Fund.

Mate of mine is struggling to get through on the phone, he's been to Sunderland and Charlton away but is competing with 6000 other people, the vast majority of whom went to neither.

Mate of mine is struggling to get through on the phone, he's been to Sunderland and Charlton away but is competing with 6000 other people, the vast majority of whom went to neither.
That's probably because there was only 1 person manning the phones.
The other 4 were manning the front counters.
The queue at 9am was backing up to The Marquee.

The new ticketing system is a nightmare for 1 ticket per ST matches.
I bought myself & my lads STs using the same email address but, I couldn't buy 2 tickets this morning using that very same address.
Luckily for me, I was stood in the queue when I bought mine online, and I didn't have to wait too long before the lovely young blonde lady behind the counter sorted it out for me.

I renewed over the phone and I've just got a ticket with no problem!
You were lucky there pal.
That was probably just before the head boss man nipped outside to see what the queue was like, he probably had a mini heart attack when he saw it was backing up to the Marquee 🤣🤣🤣

The thing is if we get promoted to the Championship there will rarely be games where demand outstrips supply so there is no incentive to invest in the ticketing system or in some "purchase history" reward type scheme. Even in league one there are probably only about 2 or 3 away games where we have this issue, the only other likely occurrence is if we get someone "big" in a cup match which happens once in a blue moon, so we end up with the same stupid mass free-for-all approach when these premium fixtures do come along and I can't see the club ever doing anything to address it.

The thing is if we get promoted to the Championship there will rarely be games where demand outstrips supply so there is no incentive to invest in the ticketing system or in some "purchase history" reward type scheme. Even in league one there are probably only about 2 or 3 away games where we have this issue, the only other likely occurrence is if we get someone "big" in a cup match which happens once in a blue moon, so we end up with the same stupid mass free-for-all approach when these premium fixtures do come along and I can't see the club ever doing anything to address it.
No system is fool proof tbh.
The points system that most PL clubs have is heavily rigged towards the more affluent fans, but I suppose when you've got 40,000+ STHs, there isn't really a better way.
Our systems (past & present) were/are ok for matches which have a decent allocation, the bugbare for both was/is matches like today's nightmare.
1 ticket per ST is always gonna leave some people angry and frustrated, but there's not an awful lot we can do about it, when the Stadium we're planning on going to is only the size of a shoe box.

No system is fool proof tbh.
The points system that most PL clubs have is heavily rigged towards the more affluent fans, but I suppose when you've got 40,000+ STHs, there isn't really a better way.
Our systems (past & present) were/are ok for matches which have a decent allocation, the bugbare for both was/is matches like today's nightmare.
1 ticket per ST is always gonna leave some people angry and frustrated, but there's not an awful lot we can do about it, when the Stadium we're planning on going to is only the size of a shoe box.

Yes, but of the 6000 season ticket holders, how many did both Sunderland and Charlton ? Less than 750. Why were these guys not given first dibs, then the ones who went just to just one of Charlton, or Sunderland - probably another 1500, then a mass free for all for the last few available tickets.
Also, if these rules were established up front we'd have almost certainly had more on at Charlton, but there's no incentive cos we sell out Accy away whatever happens and the club aren't really arsed which of their fans get one as long as they are all sold.

Yes, but of the 6000 season ticket holders, how many did both Sunderland and Charlton ? Less than 750. Why were these guys not given first dibs, then the ones who went just to just one of Charlton, or Sunderland - probably another 1500, then a mass free for all for the last few available tickets.
Also, if these rules were established up front we'd have almost certainly had more on at Charlton, but there's no incentive cos we sell out Accy away whatever happens and the club aren't really arsed which of their fans get one as long as they are all sold.
Too simple is that joined up thinking.

Like I said, no system is fool proof.
If we adopted the points system like the PL teams do, there'll still be people whinging and moaning about it, saying it's unfair on those who work shifts or can't go long haul midweek games because of child care issues etc etc

Not 1 single system will make everyone happy.

Your suggestion means that non-season ticket holders should be prioritised over season ticket holders (I saw a number of non-season ticket holders at the Charlton game). No system is ideal. Club would obviously want to reward those who bought season tickets & rightly so.