Accounts 19-20 | Vital Football

Accounts 19-20

Danny and Nicky are our first million pound transfer! That money is looking incredibly timely now isn't it? Full credit to us the fans should be made as well.

To not only make a million pounds from your managers leaving, but to replace them with someone who stepped in after 7 games of a seasons start and work with someone else's squad, keep us in League 1 (fairly comfortably in the end), and who then completely revamps that squad to sit top of League One at Xmas *while at the same time reducing the cost of the squad to the club and also playing what is arguably the best football that fans of this club has ever seen* is astonishing and (in footballing terms) must be some kind of miracle. It's also a triumph of the boards succession planning and selection criteria for finding managers to drive on field success, this hasn't happened by chance...

All of this while at the same time not risking the future of the club but maintaining it's sustainability is doubly astonishing, this isn't some rich owner who's arrived and just spunked a ton of money on expensive first teamers only to watch the club crash and burn as their resources run short of their ambitions.

I don't think our club can be in better hands right now, it is immensely satisfying to be able to point to my club and say "You can succeed in English football, and you can do it without risking the future of the club in the short term"

In the words of young Mr Grace "We've all done very well!"

Isn't it a relief that in these dark and difficult times our club is well run, in pretty good financial health and also massively successful on the pitch.

Is this really our beloved Lincoln City? It is now!

Well done Clive, Liam and all the board you make us all even more proud to be Imps :clap:

I struggle to understand all the accounts but out of my depth in terms of the share sections. It looks like we made 500 grand from player sales. That is Toffolo, Akinde, O'conner and Andrade. Anyone else. Losses of just under 900 grand covered by directors and around 600 grand in the bank.

£341k saved by season ticket holders not claiming refunds. Well done everybody else as well.
Think it was late February last year that the 'early bird' Season Tickets were available to buy, wonder what the Clubs plans will be this year , and if they are offered what the take up rate will be. Will be made more complicated what to charge individually by the discount to apply for ifollow passes not taken up. The Club have treated the supporters fairly in the past and I am sure they will do their best again.
UTI.

"All contributions from directors and other investors continue to be via equity" is very significant. How many other clubs are crippled by director loans (e.g. the soon to be non-league club up the A46)?

I'm assuming disposals only cover payments received within that financial year rather than including any instalments due as well?

I'm assuming disposals only cover payments received within that financial year rather than including any instalments due as well?
I guess depends what the instalments are linked to. If you mean add-ons linked to appearances etc. then I wouldn’t expect them to be included as not guaranteed. If just paying an agreed fee in instalments then it should be in, but wouldn’t be in the cash flow obviously

I don’t think the Club have been in this position ever both on and off the pitch.

Eye watering stuff quite literally eye watering. Too many people to thank as everyone plays their part however big or small.

The Sincil Bank stars certainly aligned when Clive and his fellow directors came onboard.

I guess depends what the instalments are linked to. If you mean add-ons linked to appearances etc. then I wouldn’t expect them to be included as not guaranteed. If just paying an agreed fee in instalments then it should be in, but wouldn’t be in the cash flow obviously
Yeah guaranteed payments rather than milestone ones.