Academy | Page 2 | Vital Football

Academy

Former u21 player Tom Scully has signed for league 1 Accrington. I and along with a couple of others on here were surprised we let him go as he was highly rated and to join a League 1 side shows he has something. Maybe one that got away?

A friend of mine said that Tom was homesick and that is why the club let him go after only just over a year with us. So a move closer to home makes sense. You'd think if that is true Norwich would look to get a small fee for him but maybe best to do what is right.

You have to wonder what the motivation is?
Looks like we will get some compensation money for him as he has been with us for a while. The young lad does seem to see himself as something of a player already. He looks massive for his age and again could be one that we miss out on but who knows he might just never be seen again.

Hopefully we will see him play for us but I'm sure DF will rather continue to play pukki after scoring 3 goals in 40 games

Tony Springett has signed a new contract with the club, keeping him with the Canaries until summer 2023 with the option to extend by a further year.

That is a good contract so the club must have high hopes for him.

Following on from Tony Springett signing a longer deal academy goalkeeper Joe Rose has signed a contract extension with the club, keeping him with the Canaries until 2023 with the option to extend by a further year.

Good to hear another he is a City fan.

'It’s a great feeling, I’ve been a fan of the club since a young age, it’s a dream come true. I didn’t expect it a couple of years ago, playing local football. What else can I say other than it’s a dream come true. I used to be a season ticket holder here with my dad, we used to watch every game. I always looked at this pitch and hoped one day I’d be able to play on it.'

Following on from Tony Springett signing a longer deal academy goalkeeper Joe Rose has signed a contract extension with the club, keeping him with the Canaries until 2023 with the option to extend by a further year.

Good to hear another he is a City fan.

'It’s a great feeling, I’ve been a fan of the club since a young age, it’s a dream come true. I didn’t expect it a couple of years ago, playing local football. What else can I say other than it’s a dream come true. I used to be a season ticket holder here with my dad, we used to watch every game. I always looked at this pitch and hoped one day I’d be able to play on it.'

With SW in charge you can still look on pitch and say that but from a loan club in division 10 in Holland before being given away.

Another youth player signed up.

Norwich City Academy defender Jaden Warner has signed his first professional contract with the club, keeping him with the City side until summer 2024, with the option to extend by a further year.

That is a long term deal.

Norwich fan Lewis Shipley (defender) has signed his first pro contract at the club. I mentioned before whstbtge club have high hopes for him.

Could you please translate 'whstbtge' for me. Thanks

Is he a full back or a centre back?
Ah, this phone for some reason does stupid stuff like changing words for absolute crap. Whstbtge is supposed to read as 'that the'. Shipley is a left back, which we lack so hopefully he'll push on and become our left back in the future.

Ah, this phone for some reason does stupid stuff like changing words for absolute crap. Whstbtge is supposed to read as 'that the'. Shipley is a left back, which we lack so hopefully he'll push on and become our left back in the future.

Presumably his preferred foot is the left one?

Please dont forget folks we have Nizit who I think is 18/19 who is also a left back and is a Belgian U18 or U19?

The more left foot players the better.......they are rare!

FCB - thanks for the clarification.

I see Diallang Jaiyesimi helped Swindon beat the binners by scoring twice. Ex academy player released by us last summer.

I see Diallang Jaiyesimi helped Swindon beat the binners by scoring twice. Ex academy player released by us last summer.
I saw that too. I think he could have been a good squad player for us this season but there you go.

I thought another of our academy players would be playing for Newport tonight but I think he is injured. Abraham who has scored 8 in 25 this season for them.

Who decided to release him I wonder ?
A strange one as I remember when he was at Swindon he was doing well and we had our scouts watching. He was getting lots of positives from norwich and I'm sure the pink un or edp had written that he is highly regarded and in Df's mind for next season but then he was released.

Maybe something personal.