Academy | Vital Football

Academy

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Jon Tomkinson has signed his first professional contract, keeping him at the Club until June 2022.

Ethen Vaughan signs his first professional contract and it is until June 2021

Josh Giurgi and Zach Dronfield have signed contracts keeping them here until June 2021.

Three Under-23s players have signed extensions on their contracts:

Isak Thorvaldsson has put pen to paper on an extension in his contract, now with the Club until June 2022.

Shae Hutchinson and Jon McCracken have both signed year extensions on their contracts, which were due to run out this summer. They both now reside with the Canaries for an extra year, signing until June 2021.

Interesting that Jon McCracken has signed a one year deal as he hasn't been involved with the u23s at all this season. He was wanting a move away last summer and had trials at Burnley and Everton I think. He wanted 1st team opportunities. So a year on and no game time yet he signs a 1 year deal...grass/greener comes to mind. Maybe he has been told as we are going down and McGovern (leaving), Ox (going on loan) he will get a push to 1st team?

New intake of 2020-21 first-year scholars:

Will any become stars?

Solomon Alidor-Hamilton – Central Midfielder
Ola Okeowo – Defender
Bradley Hills – Defender
Joseph Duffy – Attacking Midfielder
Lewis Shipley –Defender
Oscar Thorn – Striker

Interesting that Jon McCracken has signed a one year deal as he hasn't been involved with the u23s at all this season. He was wanting a move away last summer and had trials at Burnley and Everton I think. He wanted 1st team opportunities. So a year on and no game time yet he signs a 1 year deal...grass/greener comes to mind. Maybe he has been told as we are going down and McGovern (leaving), Ox (going on loan) he will get a push to 1st team?

I see theres an article on a website (associated with a colour) stating that he had a back injury and thats why he didnt play for the U23s during the last season (2019-20).

I see theres an article on a website (associated with a colour) stating that he had a back injury and thats why he didnt play for the U23s during the last season (2019-20).
Yeah saw that but he also said he went away and is so appreciative of the club for giving him a year deal. He went had trial with couple of clubs. I think maybe he picked up am injury and his head was gone. The club probably let him go away to sort his head a bit. It is interesting as I asked the pink un guys about him a couple of times.

So who is number 3 this season? Barnden or McCracken?

u18 drew their first pre season game 4-4 with Wroxham

Goals: Springett (3), Kamara (14, 35), Rowe (61)

I was wondering whether he could push into the first team squad next summer.
I can't see why not. In the u21 Belgium squad is not easy and playing well on loan. Next season Klose should be gone, Godfrey might not be here, Hanley older and situ of his injury.

I wonder what the full story is behind Shakpoke leaving City. Aston Villa and a big dutch club (cant remember the name) are rumoured to be interested.
However a lad left us for Man Utd when the 90 minute rule applied and he went nowhere.........then there's Ashley Seal. Its not always greener on the other side!

Ashley Seal there was talk that DF was looking to have him involved in that promotion season but he decided he wanted to move to gain first team football and the bright lights of the premiership were too much for him to reject. Two seasons later he has made one appearance and has been loaned out twice.

Shakpoke again probably had his head turned with Ajax and the premiership club after him.

PSV Eindhoven are the Dutch club.

Apart from Grealish I cant think of another player The Vile have produced in years. Crazy to leave us for a club that doesnt produce many players!?!??!

PSV Eindhoven are the Dutch club.

Apart from Grealish I cant think of another player The Vile have produced in years. Crazy to leave us for a club that doesnt produce many players!?!??!
Ah, psv that's right. Didn't villa take jed steer off us too?

Villa have had a few decent youth products over the years but not as many as we have over the last couple of the seasons. They have Davis playing games for them and Vassilev too.

Villa have had a few decent youth products over the years but not as many as we have over the last couple of the seasons. They have Davis playing games for them and Vassilev too.

Keinan Davis - 22 year old forward who I dont think is going to make it as a forward given 2 goals in 55 appearances. He is out of contract in the summer of 2021 and on current form I cant see it being renewed.

Indiana Vassilev - 19 year old left winger they got from the IMG Academy in Florida, USA a couple of years ago. 4 appearances (probably sub) for the Villa first team.

So they only have one established player and that is Grealish. Hence my surprise that Shakpoke would leave a club with a system to get young players into the first team and move to a club with not much of a current track record in producing young players that get established in the first team squad.

Keinan Davis - 22 year old forward who I dont think is going to make it as a forward given 2 goals in 55 appearances. He is out of contract in the summer of 2021 and on current form I cant see it being renewed.

Indiana Vassilev - 19 year old left winger they got from the IMG Academy in Florida, USA a couple of years ago. 4 appearances (probably sub) for the Villa first team.

So they only have one established player and that is Grealish. Hence my surprise that Shakpoke would leave a club with a system to get young players into the first team and move to a club with not much of a current track record in producing young players that get established in the first team squad.
Is it Money then? As you say he won't be playing Premiership football so why move?