Abuse of Woodyard today. | Vital Football

Abuse of Woodyard today.

kettrin imp

Vital Reserves Team
I thought that the abuse that Woodyard got today wasn't warranted. He clapped our fans when he first started warming up on the touchline and received a good reception. Then the songs about him having a gay relationship with DC and him being a self abuser started. I don't think any member of the National league winning squad should be treated like that.
Auto correct changed Woodyard to Woodward in the thread line.

Last edited:
I think the Cowley comments on his departure sealed his fate.

if he had stayed I feel he would be a first team player in a league one team.

He didn’t and now he is on the posh bench.

I am sure his agent is very happy.

Shame as he was an excellent servant to us.

in some respects I miss that conference season. We we the ultimate non-league side.

Now we are just literally middle of the football league.

oh what a first world problem

I am sure Woodyard if he has suffered the posh for a while has thick skin.

Depends on how players have left is clearly depending on how they are received- Allsop (Wycombe) and Gilks (Fleetwood) have been roundly applauded home and away.

Woodyard left for a "bigger" club (with a lower home attendance but a higher league position). It is clear he left for a better pay deal and many of us would do the same.

However, I expected he would get some stick today (although whoever thought of the chant was creative if nothing else- even made Woodyard smile!).

The more successful City are the more morons follow them. That will never change and would be the same at any football club.

There can be no excuse as it is deplorable to treat Alex Woodyard in that manner.

I wouldn't want him back at The Bank but respect should be afforded to him as he was a great player in the dreaded Conference. He scored that all important first goal in the famous win at FGR. He didn't score too many but that was pivotal. I'm convinced that without that win City would not have got back into the football league in that first season of the Cowleys management at LCFC.

It's a real shame he was barracked......

UTI !!

Woodyard was actually smiling when the song was being sung. I think he realised it was banter of the highest order.

I was watching on ifollow with my girlfriend. I said to her when he came on and heard the applause, that will be the Lincoln fans. I was amazed when the camera panned over and it wasn't. Perhaps it would have been different had we been 2-0 up but still, that's not what I expected.