Absolute drivel | Vital Football

Absolute drivel

Bloomeram

Alert Team
No drive, no ambition, no pace, movement...........................same old subs on after 70 mins, Derby are so predictable, and now I fear we will not make the end of season play-offs.

Saturday see us play Burton, we need more passion, belief and younger legs to close down and move. The old guard in the middle need replacing, as again too slow to react or even move to close down or stretch the play. Palmer is an absolute must to start against Burton and not a 70th minute sub. What was the point of loaning him if we are too frightened to play him?

We need two up front and would like to see Jerome get a chance along side Vydra. and somehow Lawrence given a more central role behind those front two. Maybe playing three at the back would free up positions in the midfield, playing a stopper in front of them..................................Hell I don't know, but does Rowett?

Started brightly IMO and looked the part for 5 minutes. Brilliant 6th minute pass and volley for the 1-0 and that was game over. I thought the ref was pretty lenient on Wolves but they were well worth the win on the strength of that "worldy" 2nd goal. Plan A looked good and the goal undid it. I am still waiting for plan B.......

Started brightly IMO and looked the part for 5 minutes. Brilliant 6th minute pass and volley for the 1-0 and that was game over. I thought the ref was pretty lenient on Wolves but they were well worth the win on the strength of that "worldy" 2nd goal. Plan A looked good and the goal undid it. I am still waiting for plan B.......
Don't think there is a plan B to be honest. Rowett is so predicatable, even down to the subs who barring injury come in in the 70th to 73rd minute.
We were crying out for more mobility and commitment in midfield but would he bring Palmer on before the 70th minute? We have one of the fastest forwards in the league in Jerome, but yet again he doesn't get a look in and we soldier on with Nugent, who looked sluggish and had little or no motivation or service.

Where is Thorne? Injured again I suppose
From what I’ve seen OTR, even if he is available he seldom, if ever, looks match fit. Seems overweight and makes Huddlestone look mobile these days.
Four years ago he looked like a player to build a squad round...sad to say I fear those days are gone...from potential hero to another injury raddled ‘what might have been’...expensive luxury we can ill afford now, imo.

Don't think there is a plan B to be honest. Rowett is so predicatable, even down to the subs who barring injury come in in the 70th to 73rd minute.
We were crying out for more mobility and commitment in midfield but would he bring Palmer on before the 70th minute? We have one of the fastest forwards in the league in Jerome, but yet again he doesn't get a look in and we soldier on with Nugent, who looked sluggish and had little or no motivation or service.
MA. Plan A
No drive, no ambition, no pace, movement...........................same old subs on after 70 mins, Derby are so predictable, and now I fear we will not make the end of season play-offs.

Saturday see us play Burton, we need more passion, belief and younger legs to close down and move. The old guard in the middle need replacing, as again too slow to react or even move to close down or stretch the play. Palmer is an absolute must to start against Burton and not a 70th minute sub. What was the point of loaning him if we are too frightened to play him?

We need two up front and would like to see Jerome get a chance along side Vydra. and somehow Lawrence given a more central role behind those front two. Maybe playing three at the back would free up positions in the midfield, playing a stopper in front of them..................................Hell I don't know, but does Rowett?
Afraid Burton will be no different no passion no younger legs because don't have any We have a team who over half already on Prem wages no motivation for them to go up Agree about Lawrence wasted out on the left Don't be at all surprised if Burton beat us they will definitely out work us

MA. Plan A
Afraid Burton will be no different no passion no younger legs because don't have any We have a team who over half already on Prem wages no motivation for them to go up Agree about Lawrence wasted out on the left Don't be at all surprised if Burton beat us they will definitely out work us

First rule of football ,always play your best players
Is Baird a better footballer than Keogh NO!
So play a system that includes Keogh and keeps Pearce in ,if thats what you want
Like a back three
Is Weimann a better footballer than Palmer . I would say No!
Pay your formation around Palmer in.
Rowett worries me with persisting with 2 holding and a flat back four
leaves you with no advanced midfield
I think Lawrence and Vydra miss Martin
& boy do we miss Hendrick and Hughes
But if they were still here Rowett would play with Two Holding , so it wouldn't work, complete madness

First rule of football ,always play your best players
Is Baird a better footballer than Keogh NO!
So play a system that includes Keogh and keeps Pearce in ,if thats what you want
Like a back three
Is Weimann a better footballer than Palmer . I would say No!
Pay your formation around Palmer in.
Rowett worries me with persisting with 2 holding and a flat back four
leaves you with no advanced midfield
I think Lawrence and Vydra miss Martin
& boy do we miss Hendrick and Hughes
But if they were still here Rowett would play with Two Holding , so it wouldn't work, complete madness

You are so right Eddy, Lawrence is played out f his preferred position, which is coming from central midfield, taking players on beating them for pace and powering in a shot. He is wasted out in a wide position.

If we persist with the two holding players in the play-offs we are sunk, teams have worked Rowett's system(s) out and as I said before so, so predictable i.e sub on at 70 min, if losing throw on another holding defender for a forward etc....

Weimann is a striker cum winger. Palmer is an attacking midfielder. They aren't vying for the same role so I don't understand why you would even try to compare them.

Midfield has let us down all season, how good it was but now we only have journey men and I think we'll be signing more of the same next season! Old isn't the way to go.

Oldies may be OK if they are any good still!! Crap on the other hand is no frigging good to anybody!! Oh bugger, we bought old crap!!!!!!

Oldies may be OK if they are any good still!! Crap on the other hand is no frigging good to anybody!! Oh bugger, we bought old crap!!!!!!

I agree mac. Dave Mackay, Paul McGrath and Robbie van de Laan, were three of the best signings Derby ever made. Even Eranio was getting on a bit when he played for us. They were all at the end of their careers but did exactly the jobs that were required of them at exactly the time those jobs were needed.
That’s the difference I think. They were square pegs in square holes who all had the dignity to recognise they still had a job to do and the determination to do it.
Honest commitment and a better balance of youth and experience is what we seem to lack.

Last edited:
I agree mac. Dave Mackay, Paul McGrath and Robbie van de Laan, were three of the best signings Derby ever made. Even Eranio was getting on a bit when he played for us. They were all at the end of their careers but did exactly the jobs that were required of them at exactly the time those jobs were needed.
That’s the difference I think. They were square pegs in square holes who all had the dignity to recognise they still had a job to do and the determination to do it.
Honest commitment and a better balance of youth and experience is what we seem to lack.

Well, anyone who needed convincing that was enough for me to totally change my previous attitude!! Completely against my belief that we needed stability to turn things around I am sorry to say that enough is enough!! Rowett has to go!!
He is totally out of his depth!! As soon as we hit the wall he completely lost the plot. No plan b is being kind..... no frigging idea is nearer the mark!!
Total and utter drivel from a bunch of shysters!!!
Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrr......

I'll tell you what's wrong with Rowett's decision making
Derby 1-4 down to Sunderland 76 mins
game gone instead of putting Luke Thomas on for 15 mins to see if he's got anything to add
He does nothing until 83 mins and puts on Ledley
enough said !!!

Well, anyone who needed convincing that was enough for me to totally change my previous attitude!! Completely against my belief that we needed stability to turn things around I am sorry to say that enough is enough!! Rowett has to go!!
He is totally out of his depth!! As soon as we hit the wall he completely lost the plot. No plan b is being kind..... no frigging idea is nearer the mark!!
Total and utter drivel from a bunch of shysters!!!
Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrr......
Mac completely agree I really wanted Rowett to succeed but how could pick the same team that was so pathetic at Wolves To continue with only two recognised midfielders his suicidal especially two who can't run or tackle It was obvious befor e kick-off Burton would be slow at the back surely let Jerome run at them I fear for next season most of this lot still have long contracts whoever the manager is

I fear Rowett will be gone by the end of the season, never thought I'd say it because only 2 months ago we were all saying everything he touches turns to gold, stoke came calling and he signed an improved contract. I really want Mel to give a manager time and I really thought Rowett was worth the most time out of all the managers we've had recently but I'm begining to wonder now whether Mel had all good intentions of giving him the time but is re evaluating his stance since our slump, who knows?

Mel's problem..... his manager has lost his players, many of those players can't cut it but will still be here next season, he's spent a shed load and won't recoup bugger all, he don't want to spend anymore, his academy players ain't progressing, he's got a useless scouting set-up.....the list goes on!!
Good luck......

Latest Rams News