Aaron Ramsdale | Vital Football

Aaron Ramsdale

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
our no.1 and what a keeper hes becoming.He got absolutely slaughtered on every media platform from some. I knew he'd come good and look at him now. Great signing and when we sell him we,ll double our money without doubt ,still only 21 and handled the criticism like a vetran. Well done young man perfect attitude . He dosnt deserve to be playing behind this pile of shite thats in front of him,no wonder he looked shakey early on wi us. He lifted his game and shone through,those seasoned pros in front of him should take a leaf out of his book. Hes a product of our academy and a blade ,but he got some reight stick. Cant wait for next season when the song rings out AARON RAMSDALE HES ONE OF OUR OWN. UTB.

FFS can you please stop telling it as it is and upsetting people on here. :bow::bow:.
As for Rammers, you don't get player of the season twice in 3 seasons and chosen for England in all age groups upto U/23's. Said at first he was good but, Yashin, Banks and Zoff would look crap behind our defence.

our no.1 and what a keeper hes becoming.He got absolutely slaughtered on every media platform from some. I knew he'd come good and look at him now. Great signing and when we sell him we,ll double our money without doubt ,still only 21 and handled the criticism like a vetran. Well done young man perfect attitude . He dosnt deserve to be playing behind this pile of shite thats in front of him,no wonder he looked shakey early on wi us. He lifted his game and shone through,those seasoned pros in front of him should take a leaf out of his book. Hes a product of our academy and a blade ,but he got some reight stick. Cant wait for next season when the song rings out AARON RAMSDALE HES ONE OF OUR OWN. UTB.
Rammers has defo improved a lot Twirls but he isn't a gr8 keeper yet in my opinion.He's a very good shot stopper and he was at academy level for us but to be a gr8 keeper he needs to boss his box better.Of course in keeper terms he's still very much a novice and at least he's shut the negative comments up for a bit.Well done Rammers.UTB

FFS can you please stop telling it as it is and upsetting people on here. :bow::bow:.
As for Rammers, you don't get player of the season twice in 3 seasons and chosen for England in all age groups upto U/23's. Said at first he was good but, Yashin, Banks and Zoff would look crap behind our defence.
Lol too reight pal top keeper

He's improved.
There was plenty of scope for him to do so.

He's more competent but there's along way to go before he's owt more than acceptable at this level.
The improvement has come since the pressure's been off i.e since our fate's been sealed. Coincidence???

Rammers has defo improved a lot Twirls but he isn't a gr8 keeper yet in my opinion.He's a very good shot stopper and he was at academy level for us but to be a gr8 keeper he needs to boss his box better.Of course in keeper terms he's still very much a novice and at least he's shut the negative comments up for a bit.Well done Rammers.UTB
i never said he was a great keeper rodders i said he was a great signing which he was,well done chris wilder on that one. i totally agree he as a lot to learn but i firmly believe he will be a great keeper pal.

He's improved.
There was plenty of scope for him to do so.

He's more competent but there's along way to go before he's owt more than acceptable at this level.
The improvement has come since the pressure's been off i.e since our fate's been sealed. Coincidence???
his stats at this level are the 5th best in the league this season hahahahaha id say more than acceptable . oh and hes the most worked in the division.

If only he had Bash Egan and JOC in front of him this season. We may have stood a chance. We would still have had the worse midfield in the Prem but would probably have doubled our points tally.

his stats at this level are the 5th best in the league this season hahahahaha id say more than acceptable . oh and hes the most worked in the division.
A busy keeper will always have better stats in terms of shots stopped ( as they have more to stop)unless they are playing in the wrong position so that's an unreliable criteria.
It's the amount of those they save that counts

In this link he's 16th best based on saves percentage. which sounds about right- and that , obviously includes the agreed improvement. If that had been looked at before he improved he'd have been where we are- bottom!

https://ligalive.net/en/best-goalke...he France,remarkable save percentage of 80.6%.

i never said he was a great keeper rodders i said he was a great signing which he was,well done chris wilder on that one. i totally agree he as a lot to learn but i firmly believe he will be a great keeper pal.
Granted you did say a gr8 signing,still got to continue improving to be a gr8 signing for me Twirls but i do like Rammers and when he was playing for the academy sides he was a very popular lad and would help any of the younger keepers as much as he could.I think he's better than TT thinks Rammers is because the last few games could've been big losses without some of his very good saves.UTB

Granted you did say a gr8 signing,still got to continue improving to be a gr8 signing for me Twirls but i do like Rammers and when he was playing for the academy sides he was a very popular lad and would help any of the younger keepers as much as he could.I think he's better than TT thinks Rammers is because the last few games could've been big losses without some of his very good saves.UTB

I'm sure you do Rod.
He's young for a keeper
He's also got so much room for improvement and is getting plenty of practise.
I agree he's made some decent saves lately but he's no better than average ATM- in fact he's below that on the 2 links I have posted but, for everyone's sakes I hope he improves for 2 reasons
- it will help SUFC if he stays
- we will get more money back if he goes if he gets better.

EDIT Another link where he's 20th out of 20 and Pickford's 18th which also shows that being in an England representative side as keeper is no great shakes or statement of quality.

https://www.ruiksports.com/all-20-premier-league-goalkeepers-2020-21-ranked/

If only he had Bash Egan and JOC in front of him this season. We may have stood a chance. We would still have had the worse midfield in the Prem but would probably have doubled our points tally.
totally agree, cut his work load in half like them 3 would have and he,d have been the best keeper in the league lol

I'm sure you do Rod.
He's young for a keeper
He's also got so much room for improvement and is getting plenty of practise.
I agree he's made some decent saves lately but he's no better than average ATM- in fact he's below that on the 2 links I have posted but, for everyone's sakes I hope he improves for 2 reasons
- it will help SUFC if he stays
- we will get more money back if he goes if he gets better.

EDIT Another link where he's 20th out of 20 and Pickford's 18th which also shows that being in an England representative side as keeper is no great shakes or statement of quality.

https://www.ruiksports.com/all-20-premier-league-goalkeepers-2020-21-ranked/
quite clearly tom gott ex keeper top coach hasnt been watching ramsdale for the latter end of the season, this none descript columist as no carry what so ever on evaluating keepers. your first link which is more of a statistic based piece has some keepers placed well below tom gotts views. but my amateur view is this hes gonna be a top keeper,and his prem stats arnt just acceptable. and hes had more work to do from piss poor defending ,which as let him down badly.

quite clearly tom gott ex keeper top coach hasnt been watching ramsdale for the latter end of the season, this none descript columist as no carry what so ever on evaluating keepers. your first link which is more of a statistic based piece has some keepers placed well below tom gotts views. but my amateur view is this hes gonna be a top keeper,and his prem stats arnt just acceptable. and hes had more work to do from piss poor defending ,which as let him down badly.
3 lots of stats twirls all saying he's nowhere near a top keeper.
They must all be wrong or he's not as good as you think.
He's probably not as bad as I think either but I'll go with the stats thanks.

The big positive is that he has massive room for improvement-maybe he won't be relegated next season- that would be an unfortunate hat trick:eek:

Just noticed the stats were from 6 months ago. Wonder what they'd be like now. I know some on here like to think they are being controversial, but really most are just a bunch of clowns.

Just noticed the stats were from 6 months ago. Wonder what they'd be like now. I know some on here like to think they are being controversial, but really most are just a bunch of clowns.
2 are from this year, 2021, one the 22nd Jan, one the 11th Feb.
You are right about ONE set being from early in the season, 24/9 biut here's the same one from 22nd March- and he's still 20th out of 20

https://www.90min.com/posts/all-20-premier-league-goalkeepers-2020-21-ranked

The most recent, Feb 11, has him 20th out of 23.
if you find that controversial and justifies calling me a clown for that then so be it MHMF.

If only we were on your special subject, SWFC and crowds, then you'd be much more at home in your very own special circus ring wher not only are you the ring master but the favourite clown too.

Last edited:
I really like him and think he'll become a great keeper for us. He was always going to have top weight on from the off with some fans because of how good Henderson was for us, but I think Rambo's made of strong stuff and it's really started to show in recent months. Some keepers would have been destroyed playing behind our defence this season, but he's got stronger. One of the very few positives that I can think of this season.

Last edited:
He is an ok shot stopper
99% of goal keepers are
His positioning on free kicks not the best
He has been known to flap at crosses
Doesn’t command his area as much as he could
I will be the 1st to say, I thought he was very poor
And, will admit, he is improving, but, he needs too
Age is on is side, hope the lad comes good ( for us )