Aaron lennon, Best Wishes | Vital Football

Aaron lennon, Best Wishes

Layton_Seasider

Vital Football Hero
As we all know now by now he's been detained under the Mental Health Act. Wishing him all the very best, still too much ignorance and shame attached to mental health.

If only you were more understanding of that most severe mental illness, uptheoystonsassitis, that afflicts one of our seniors.

All the best to Aaron Lennon.

Bear1951 - 3/5/2017 23:19

If only you were more understanding of that most severe mental illness, uptheoystonsassitis, that afflicts one of our seniors.

All the best to Aaron Lennon.

I'm sure it's not been confirmed as a mental illness just a bad attitude, selfish and with a very nasty personality. You've got to wonder what makes a person be such an abhorrent human being?

As for AL, a young man with riches beyond most peole's dreams, fame and adulation but seems like a thoroughly decent bloke.

Wish him well and a speedy recovery.
I too agree, that there is still too much ignorance and shame associated with mental illness but the thing that really grates with me is that the term 'mental illness' is a term that's bandied around too loosely these days. Nearly everyone you meet has some form of 'mental illness' and you only need to behaving an 'off day' and suddenly you're mentally ill. In a recent study in Australia it was 'reported' that 3 in every 5 children will suffer from mental illness in their life before the age of 30 (no jokes of an Aussie nature please!) and this immediately labels people as being 'mentally ill'. As soon as you label someone with something, they will begin to act the part. For those of you familiar with psychiatry/psychology, think the 'patient role'.
Yes, of course mental health is important but please don't label people so quickly....