A-Z TV and Radio Comedy Shows | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z TV and Radio Comedy Shows

I think that was Uncle Mac. I had an LP of children's songs called 'Hello Children Everywhere'. Well, it might have been my sister's but I used to 'borrow' her things!
An old guy called Uncle Mac saying "Hello Children Everywhere" belongs to a more innocent age I'm afraid.

N Never the Twain - ITV comedy show about two rival antique dealers, played by Donald Sinden and Windsor Davies. Made in the 1980's and popular with many viewers, but not really one of my personal favourites.

N Never the Twain - ITV comedy show about two rival antique dealers, played by Donald Sinden and Windsor Davies. Made in the 1980's and popular with many viewers, but not really one of my personal favourites.
Hard to believe it ran for ten years. I had quite forgotten it, Mike.

P Porridge - BBC tv comedy , based at HMP Slade Prison and featuring Ronnie Barker as the main character, Fletcher, with Richard Beckinsdale as his cell-mate, Godber. First broadcast in 1974. The Millers FA Cup victory over Aston Villa in 1968 is mentioned in one episode. (I was at the match!)
There were also several spin-off series to Porridge, and a film.

Last edited:
P Porridge - BBC tv comedy , based at HMP Slade Prison and featuring Ronnie Barker as the main character, Fletcher, with Richard Beckinsdale as his cell-mate, Godber. First broadcast in 1974. The Millers FA Cup victory over Aston Villa in 1968 is mentioned in one episode. (I was at the match!)
There were also several spin-off series to Porridge, and a film.
Sad that Richard Beckinsale died so young. Rising Damp was a classic.

Last edited:
R - Rising Damp. Beckinsale (again) with Leonard Rossiter, Don Warrington and the brilliant Frances de la Tour. Set in a run down house of bedsits. 1974-1978. For some reason I thought this was on BBC but it was a Yorkshire TV production for ITV. Richard Beckinsale must have been busy as this was contemporary with Porridge!

Last edited:
Q Quartermass - heard of it don't really know what it is.
Caz, if you mean Quatermass then it's hardly a comedy show. They were science fiction horror shows and Quatermass and the Pit was on TV in 1958-59 and scared the pants off my young self.
If there is a comedy show called Quartermass then please accept my apologies for being such a smart a*se!

Caz, if you mean Quatermass then it's hardly a comedy show. They were science fiction horror shows and Quatermass and the Pit was on TV in 1958-59 and scared the pants off my young self.
If there is a comedy show called Quartermass then please accept my apologies for being such a smart a*se!

Yes, I probably do, sorry!