A-Z Of Yorkshire | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Yorkshire

What can I say? Not a lot! Lol.

S - Scarborough and Saltburn - lovely seaside towns both with Victorian funicular cliff lifts!

T- Tadcaster . Well known brewing town with J. Smith and S. Smith breweries right next to each other, plus Tower (now Coors).

Last edited:
V Vale of York. -Bang in the centre of Yorkshire. Contains many acres of farmland and York itself. Sometimes susceptible to flooding though.

Yes, Mike, not somewhere you'd get insurance against flooding I wouldn't have thought!

W Wakefield - in West Yorkshire on the River Calder which was very important for trade in years gone by

Well done with the 'X' Mike! One of my favourite actors. Love him as Picard and love his voice.

Y Yorkshire Puddings - my dad would have eaten them for every meal. I've even seen him have them with salt and vinegar on!

Or I could have had

Yorkshire Mix - the original ones with the 'fish' in them. Had some a couple of years ago and they were nothing like.

Z Zoos - Yorkshire's include Flamingoland, Yorkshire Wildlife Park (Branton), Bridlington Animal Park, Thorpe Perrow, Sewerby Hall. I have been to the last one, many years ago. Seem to remember that some wallabies had escaped and were living wild nearby! Don't know if the wallaby colony is still there near the sea.

I think I've been to the Sewerby one too, though, like you Mike it was many moons ago. Been to Flamingo land a couple of times and we were at the Yorkshire Wildlife Park a couple of weeks ago.

Well, that's another one finished and thanks to everyone for having a go!

Brain ticking over on thinking of another one now.