A-Z Of Summer | Vital Football

A-Z Of Summer

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Well, we have had a couple of nice days so it must be summer! As usual anything goes!

A Air-conditioning - or as we do, open the windows!

B Bucket and spade - any children will need the right equipment for a trip to the beach at Bridlington, Scarborough etc.

Good advice - I sunburn fairly easily, and got badly sunburnt a few times when I was a child.

D Donna Summer - pop/disco singer
...or... Daisies - some types bloom all Summer, like shasta daisies, which have the classic flowerhead of white petals around a yellow centre .

Last edited:
F - ‘Fun in the Sun’ I love to see whole families out together enjoying themselves.

G Gardens - just been sitting in my back garden. and

G Grass - the other half has just cut it! (and will now probably be sneezing for the rest of the day!)

H Hayfever. Something I don't suffer with, just as well seeing as I work outside.

On the subject of sun block - a lot of People in my line of work seem to think it's not 'manly' to apply it - idiots!!!

I Indian summer - phrase used to describe warm, calm "summery" spell in Autumn. Also there are several different songs with that title including by Audience (back in the 70's) , and the Stereophonics

Last edited:
[QUOTE="diggerman, post: 2877180, member: 2108''

On the subject of sun block - a lot of People in my line of work seem to think it's not 'manly' to apply it - idiots!!![/QUOTE]

I agree - we have little industry these days so there is no 'muck' in the air to stop the suns rays getting to you. I use it whenever I go out in the summer and also all the time on my face even in winter. Saying that I dropped off to sleep on Monday and have a red arm - must have missed that bit.

N - No need for coats, hats, scarves, gloves, boots.............

Just smiling at this. Friends have just been to Whitby and I saw her loading the car with cases then she went back and brought coats for every possible scenario, then hats, gloves and scarves then went back for wellies! As it happens there was a sea-fret most of the time they were there and so they needed the warm clothing!

R Roses start to flower. I bought a replacement rose earlier this year and I noticed today that it's got buds on it.