A-Z Of Songs With Colours In The Title | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Songs With Colours In The Title

or... TURQUOISE by Donovan (again). Believed to have been written about folk singer Joan Baez. Donovan also recorded "Colours" - which has lots of different ones in too!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U Union City BLUE - Blondie. 1979 hit single in the UK.

Last edited:
or... WHITE light, WHITE heat - Velvet Underground
----------------------------------------------------------

X X-ray BLUES . A jazz toe-tapper by Ray Charles (Clip on YouTube). Hmmm...nice!

Last edited:
Yes, I was thinking of that one.
Re Ringo - I quite liked "It don't come easy" and "Back off Boogaloo" too, although he mainly just did pub singalongs after that.
I have been to the terraced house where he used to live in Liverpool and met his aunty (it was part of the official Liverpool Magical Mystery tour), which also went to Strawberry Fields (behind the house where John Lennon lived as a child), and Penny Lane (there really was a fire station, a bank, and a barbers shop there , just like in the song). Good fun!
Was there a real yellow submarine down at the docks? If there was, we didn't visit it on the tour. Enjoyable film though! (Got it on video)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Z Zoo BLUES - Robin Williamson . Founder member of the Incredible String Band (Clip on YouTube)

Last edited:
I did a Beatles tour too, Mike, a couple of years ago. Don't recall a yellow submarine - though there is one in Playa Blanca in Lanzarote!

Well another one done and dusted!

Thanks to everyone for joining in!

07/05/21

TalkSport Radio is having a phone-in now (4.10 pm )- "Songs with colours in their titles". Has somebody from TalkSport been reading this website?

Darren Bent was keen on "Purple Lamborghini" by Skrillex and Rick Ross. Somebody else had "Purple Rain" by Prince. Then they got a bit stuck after that.
They would be have been struggling a bit on here! :p

Last edited: