A-Z Of Presents | Vital Football

A-Z Of Presents

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
This can be anything you have ever received, ever gifted or ever wanted - and doesn't just have to be Christmas!

A Action Man - I lived next door to four boys growing up and they all had Action Men and I wanted one to be 'one of them'. Never got one but bought my eldest one and was very disappointed with it!

B Bottles of beer - Our local Chantry ones are good, although no bottled "Mighty Millers" currently on sale at the moment. Previously , also bought several bottled brews from Wentworth Brewery (sadly now defunct), as gifts for others , and also or myself, including "Ronnie Moore "ale

Last edited:
C Clock - I remember when I was about five or six my Mum and Dad were going out and I had a babysitter as my big sister was out too and because they were leaving me they gave me a plastic clock which had numbers and letters and helped teach you how to tell the time. I remember it was blue with yellow numbers and hands. Funny some of the things that make an impression!

D Dark chocolates - eg Black Magic, etc. My mum liked them, so I sometimes bought them for her as Xmas presents . Quite like them myself, come to think of it.

E - Easter Egg - it’s years since anyone bought me one! Chocolates yes but I want a big egg!!

D Dark chocolates - eg Black Magic, etc. My mum liked them, so I sometimes bought them for her as Xmas presents . Quite like them myself, come to think of it.

I was very disappointed last time I was bought a box of Black Magic, didn't taste like I remembered.

E - Easter Egg - it’s years since anyone bought me one! Chocolates yes but I want a big egg!!

I used to love the Easter Eggs that had chocolates inside when you opened them. On Easter Saturday this year we were sat watching TV and a knock came to the door and a Postman was stood there with a big trolley full of Easter Eggs and gave us a Smartie one - a gift from the Post Office!!! Lovely.

G Go - International travel board game by Waddingtons. Later had its changed name to "Travel Go" to avoid confusion with the much older Chinese strategy game. Had quite a lot of board games as presents when I was young. Had never travelled abroad at the time, and so found "Go" quite interesting - you had to plan routes to tourist destinations, buy travel tickets, change currency, buy souvenirs, etc, and then return home.
Never owned, or played, the Chinese "Go" game though

Last edited:
My other half loved the TV programmes and I'm expecting him to get the books for my grandaughter too, Sixpence!

I've never played 'Go' but like you Mike have heard of it.

I Indian Wigwam - I had one and loved it.

K Keyrings - have them in every drawer. I find them too bulky for putting into a pocket/bag so it's very rare I use one.

L Liquorice - one of my brothers ( he is a Millers fan) likes liquorice as a present at Xmas. I didn't realise until recently that liquorice selection boxes are available. I quite like it occasionally myself, but not that much!

Last edited:
I like real liquorice from Australia - you used to be able to buy it from Morrisons but not seen it for a while (though, to be fair, I've not looked!)

M Mousetrap - the most annoying game I've ever had! Looked great on the adverts but I never got it to work correctly!

N - Novelties - all those useless (but interesting!) little gifts that end up in drawers for years.

P Personal organisers/ planner wallcharts - useful for getting the year ahead sorted out re Millers fixtures, leisure, work, etc. Got the official Millers 2020 planner on the wall now. Not sure if they have done one for 2021.

Last edited:
I bought my new diary the other day and hope I can use it more than the one I bought this year! But I'm not that hopeful.

Q Quilted Boots