A-Z Of People/Things With Body Parts In Their Name | Vital Football

A-Z Of People/Things With Body Parts In Their Name

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
This can be anything (it usually is isn't it!) real or fiction or after whom body parts are named! Not sure if we'll get twenty-six but we can give it a try! Good Luck!

A Alexander ARMstrong - of Pointless fame.

... or Jimmy ARMfield - Blackpool and England full-back (ssen him play against the Millers)
---------------------------------------------------------------
B Jimmy BONE - ex-Blades /Norwich City and Scotland striker
or Ryan SideBOTTOM - Yorkshire and England fast bowler

Last edited:
I think I should say that it doesn't have to be the part of the body that is the letter it can be the person/thing/object that is the letter!

D Danny BRAIN - Academy coach/ Educational manager at Birmingham City FC. One of his BCFC backroom staff colleagues is ex-Miller Steve Spooner. Don't know if Danny is related to the old Worcestershire cricketer Brian Brain... who I saw play against Yorkshire in the 1960's. (Could have had him for "B", but only just remembered him!)

Last edited:
or... Houdi ELBOW (Bob Carolgees) - Tiswas mystic/magician character, very loosely based on the illusionist/escapologist Harry Houdini :p
---------------------------------------------------------
F Michael FOOT - Old Labour Party leader. and Plymouth Argyle fan... or Paul Foot , his nephew, the award-winning investigative journalist.

Last edited:
I've met Bob Carolgees and that b****y dog of his - he was our 'entertainment' on a cruise we went on. Wasn't very good at all.

G Gary H(e)ART - American Politician.

or... Malin GUT - Swiss women's football international player. Started her career with FC Zurich, now at Arsenal. "Gut "means "good" in German. (Could be a distant relative of Johnny B.?)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H Eoin HAND - Portsmouth and Rep. Ireland keeper, and later Rep. Ireland manager. Seen him play against the Millers.
... or Bert HEAD , the old Crystal Palace manager. He had previously played for Torquay U. and Bury. He must have visited Millmoor a few times over the years, although I don't recall noticing him there (Unlike "Big Mal"!)

Last edited:
Saw Ian Dury & the Blockheads live on stage - very good!
Alternative for "I" (or "H") - Ian HAIR , who played in midfield for Aberdeen and Montrose in the 1970's .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J Jake LIVERmore - of Spurs, Hull City, etc,. He appeared 7 times for England!!o_O ...mainly in friendlies, or as sub though. He played for WBA on loan against us at the NYS a couple of seasons ago, when the Baggies hammered us 4-0. We are only losing most games at the NYS 1-0 now... well done, Warney! :rolleyes:

Also when rock band Jethro Tull had their first single released , due to a printing mix-up, it had the group's name written as "Jethro TOE" on the label :p

Last edited:
K Ron KNEE - fictional manager of Neasden FC, who is often featured in Private Eye magazine. The "ashen-faced tight-lipped supremo" has his office located at Tesco Road , home stadium of Neasden . (Loosely based on Ron Saunders? ) Plenty of material from the football world to satirise this week - the Euro Super League, Jose Mourinho sacking, etc

Last edited:
Definitely seen him play against the Millers

... or Cherie LUNGhi -British actress who played the lead role in BBC tv's "The Manageress", which was a fictional story about a female manager of a men's football team. She has appeared in lots of other tv shows too, and also must have made a few bob from all those coffee commercials!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M Robbie MusTOE - Middlesborough midfielder, who is now a commentator for NBC Sports. Seen him play against the Millers

or Curtis MAIN - another ex-M'boro' player , striker who also played for Darlo, Donny, Shrewsbury, Portsmouth , etc.. ("Main" means "hand" in French). Possibly seen him play against the Millers (Can't remember him though)

Last edited:
...or Jimmy NAIL - actor in "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet", singer and "Toon" fan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

O Sean O'HAIR - American golfer. He hasn't won any of the top tournaments , but he has competed in them and has also won several less-famous international golf competitions , netting himself millions of dollars in the process
or...
Sheyi OJO - Scored against us recently (09/02/21) at the NYS for Cardiff City. "Ojo" means "eye" in Spanish

Last edited:
P Arnold PALMer - golfer. There are a couple of Palmer's who play/have played football but I don't think we need mention them!

:p
... or Jeremy PIED who now plays for Lille in Ligue 1 in France. Previous clubs include Southampton , Lyon and Nice. ("Pied" means "foot" in French).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q Quentin ARMstrong - tv/fim actor and writer. Appeared in "Underbelly", "Waiters" , "1500 steps". Can't say that I am very familiar with his work, but there are clips on YouTube.

Last edited:
R Erich RIBbeck - former German footballer and the worst German National team manager - between 1998 and 2000 he had ten wins, six draws, and eight losses.

(actually, I don't think that sounds too bad!)

I had forgotten about him...
or ...Roy IronSIDE , Millers keeper from the 1960s... or Robbie EARle of Port Vale and Wimbledon. (Seen them both play).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S Alan SHOULDER - of Newcastle U, Carlisle U., Hartlepool U., etc. He also managed Gateshead and various other non-league teams in the North East. Seen him play at Millmoor.

Last edited: