A-Z Of Occupations | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Occupations

U Upholsterer - as well as domestic settings, could involve working in manufacturing, theatres, pubs, transport, etc.

W Windowcleaner - met a few over the years. Not sure who my Dad's old windowcleaner in Brinsworth was , but he was a reliable source of "inside information" from RUFC. Maybe he also used to clean the floodlights at Millmoor or something! ;)

I don't think the floodlights at Millmoor were ever cleaned, Mike!
We've had various windowcleaners over the years but the one we have now doesn't use a ladder just a long pole and hose thing.

X X-Ray Operator - needed in the medical profession and to x-ray bags in other places like airports. Last time I went to an airport I had to stand in a booth like a shower and have a body x-ray, very strange.

...or X-ray crystallographer . e.g. Rosalind Franklin, who was one of the key people involved in working out the structure of DNA.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Y Yoga instructor - never tried yoga myself, but it seems to be quite popular. Various footballers, mainly not the youngsters, said that yoga has had benefits for their fitness. Don't know if that applies to any current Millers players.

Last edited:
Did yoga classes for 4 or 5 years in the past, helps keep the body supple.
I enjoyed the relaxation side of it very much.

Z - Zoo Keeper - I would love to work with elephants.