A-Z Of Non-British Actors/Actresses | Vital Football

A-Z Of Non-British Actors/Actresses

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
So how many actors or actresses do we know who aren't British?

First or last names!

A Alan Ladd - know him as a cowboy

F Fay Wray - actress in original King Kong film (1933). Like many famous Americans involved in acting, music , etc, she was actually born in Canada, but her family moved to the USA when she was young. Had an iconic, and much parodied, starring role in the film (if you don't count the giant gorilla!)

Oh I think you always have to count that big gorilla!

G Gerard Depardieu - French actor

Last edited:
K Kevin Bacon - American. Footloose and the Green Mile springs to mind and the ad he's doing for EE (I think).

M- Mark Little . Not a Hollywood star and not American , but seen by millions in Australia and Britain on tv when playing the character Joe Mangel in "Neighbours". I was never really a "Neighbours" fan, but he later turned his hand to stand-up comedy, and that's where I saw him live on stage and met him. He seemed like a decent bloke. Think he now lives in England, but I'm still counting him as an Aussie!

Last edited:
O - Omar Sharif (Mmm!) Egyptian actor. I can remember seeing him at the cinema many years ago in Dr Zhivago, Funny Girl and Funny Lady.

I was on a beach in Egypt some years ago when everyone started standing up and waving at a boat in the sea - well, naturally I stood up too and an Italian lady told me it was Omar Sharif on his way to a poker game - apparently he was on deck waving back but I couldn't see him!

P Paul Newman - American with gorgeous eyes

S - Shirley MacLaine - American. Queued to see Sweet Charity at a cinema in Leeds in the late 60s.

I'm not sure I've seen Sweet Charity

T Tom Cruise - Another American - though I have seen him play an Irish lad and he did it very well