A-Z Of Nature | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Nature

A few years ago I went to a Christmas Show at Thetford. Absolutely amazing show and ‘set up’!

U - Unicorns - if only nature had made them a reality, just think how many excited children there would be! (and grandmas!) Such beautiful colours and so clever - quite magical!!

Oh wow, great stuff, Sixpence!

What? You're telling me Unicorns aren't real . . . . .

V Victoria Falls - I understand they are a wonderful sight to fly over. Never been myself.

Ooooops! Foot in mouth syndrome! lol.

W - Willow Tree - I love the pussy willows and catkins in Spring and the way the weeping willows hang into the water making lovely reflections.

X Xenarthans - category of mammals that evolved in South America that includes sloths, anteaters and armadillos. The category name means "strange joint", becuse they have unusual strengthened backbones. Although modern sloths live in trees, the ancestor that they all evolved from was an insect-eating burrowing mammal that spent a lot of time underground , and was probably mainly nocturnal, so the group has only monochromatic vision. There are animals on other continents that look like some xenarthans (eg pangolins) , but they are not closely genetically related, and it is believed that this group never spread to other continents, except for the southern fringe of North America.

Last edited:
Y Yagul Natural Monument - a protected area of Mexico. Been to various Mexican places like this but not this actual one.

Could have also had Yellowstone Park in Wyoming, USA, which contains a wide variety of animals, plants and unusual geological features. Inspiration for "Jellystone Park" , home of cartoon character, Yogi Bear.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Z Zebra - Stripey black and white African equines. There are three different types of zebra still in existence. The fairly recently extinct quagga, was a zebra sub-species, and was only partilally striped. The okapi, which at first glance looks similar, is actually from the giraffe family.

Last edited: