A-Z Of Household Items | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Household Items

I remember you telling me about that, Sixpence! Like me, I bet you keep heavy jars/bottles in the door - perhaps we shouldn't!

U Utensils - knives and forks and spoons etc - we all use them!

You see I know it's a vacuum cleaner but to me it will always been a hoover - even though we haven't had a 'hoover' for many a year!

W Washing Basket. When my daughter was going to Uni and was making a list of what she needed to take with her she asked me how would she know if she needed a washing basket. So then we had the discussion of the difference between something you put clothes in to bring them downstairs to put them in the washer then to hang outside on the line and something you put dirty clothes in. She didn't get either! I'm not even sure she has either now - she definitely doesn't have an iron!

I think the iron is a generational thing, neither of mine uae the iron much.
There was a time, not that long ago when I ironed everything - dusters, towels, underwear...... A bit more selective now!

X - oXo - a staple in my cupboard

X Xerox - actually mine is just a printer that can scan, not an office- type photocopier , but couldn't think of anything else.

Last edited:
I think the iron is a generational thing, neither of mine uae the iron much.
There was a time, not that long ago when I ironed everything - dusters, towels, underwear...... A bit more selective now!

X - oXo - a staple in my cupboard

My Mum ironed EVERYTHING! Like you, I used to iron allsorts but again, like you, I am selective!

Wow you are clever, Mike! I couldn't repair anything never mind anything that needs a zip!

Well, that's another one finished.

Thanks to everyone for joining in!

My Mum ironed EVERYTHING! Like you, I used to iron allsorts but again, like you, I am selective!
Only ever used an iron once, at school i made a tie in Needlework class and promptly burned it whilst doing something to it (burning it!!!) with an iron.
We have one, but it only seems to appear when my partner has a job interview.

I use an iron these days on a need to use - for instance yesterday I did a dark wash and put lots of trackie bottoms and tops in that we wear around the house (I mean where else are we going at the moment) and thought I'd just get them dry and put them in the airing cupboard then the other half put a pair of trousers in that needed flippin' ironing! So the iron came out.