A-Z Of Household Items | Vital Football

A-Z Of Household Items

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Anything that you have in your house, basically!

A Alarm Clock - though it's in a bedroom with the door firmly shut as the one we have ticks and I don't like ticking clocks! If I need an alarm call then I tend to use my phone these days

Anything that you have in your house, basically!

A Alarm Clock - though it's in a bedroom with the door firmly shut as the one we have ticks and I don't like ticking clocks! If I need an alarm call then I tend to use my phone these days

Starting a week's annual leave today, i did say that i'd leave my work's phone switched on in case we get over-busy.
Damn thing was ringing by 8.30 this morning.
It was just from my supervisor saying that somebody (from another department) wanted to borrow something from my Cemetery, so i went over and opened up for them - better than having folk in there unsupervised (especially the way things are now).

F= Fireplace
Although we haven't one in our house

K Klaxon - no, not Barry! I no longer have it, but for several seasons we took it down to Millmoor from home . It was originally off an overhead crane in a rolling mill, that had been demolished. The klaxon was a plunger type, a bit cumbersome, quite heavy and loud. Too inconvenient to carry it around in the end, and probably wouldn't be allowed into the NYS with it now.

That's a lot of lightbulbs! I still like the old fashioned ones that you just clip in! Glad you didn't stand near me with that Klaxon, Mike!

N Notepads - I have them in every drawer, on every surface and jot things down - can never find what I've jotted down when I need it though!

O - Oven
Ours is Electric.

Last year (2020), we had to buy a new Chest Freezer, Oven, Washer and Dryer.
We took delivery of a new Washer on a Saturday (in December), and on that same evening our Dryer stopped working!

It's usually three things that go wrong, digger, not four. Hoping to have our kitchen done this year - drawers are now falling off and I'm having to make them into shelves and the tops are all worn. And we need a new washer and cooker too - I'm just not looking forward to having it done.

P Piano - we haven't ever had one but my in-laws had one for many years. And, apparently, we had one at home when I was a baby which my sister learnt and took exams on but when I started toddling for some reason they got rid of it (perhaps couldn't cope with another three years of scales!)

We have got a P for Printer though!

It's usually three things that go wrong, digger, not four. Hoping to have our kitchen done this year - drawers are now falling off and I'm having to make them into shelves and the tops are all worn. And we need a new washer and cooker too - I'm just not looking forward to having it done.

P Piano - we haven't ever had one but my in-laws had one for many years. And, apparently, we had one at home when I was a baby which my sister learnt and took exams on but when I started toddling for some reason they got rid of it (perhaps couldn't cope with another three years of scales!)

We have got a P for Printer though!

Yes, we're quite uncomfortable with people coming into our home , the way things are.
Bit awkward having heavy goods left in the street , and having to manoeuvre them into and through the house , but it's better than having to sanitise everything.

R - Refrigerator (just waiting for that to pack up now!!!!!!)

Hope not! The last two we've had pack in were both in the summer!

S Smoke Alarm/Detector - the only time we ever think about it is if the battery is going and drives me silly or when we have our gas service and they ask about it.

The door fell off my previous fridge, with all the bottles, jars, eggs etc that everyone has in there! What a mess! Very heavy too - just missed my daughters foot!

T - Tables - dining, coffee, side!