A-Z Of Football | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Football

Maybe Kayode will get the chance to take some long throws - he did for Carlisle U. last season.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U Under the crossbar - try to keep our shots well below row Z! Also - maybe try heading the ball downwards for a change, when in the 6-yard box? Just a thought.

Last edited:
W Wingers! I do want to see wingers on our pitch (proper ones, not midfielders who have been pushed over to the wing)

X - X get the Xs in the right places and win a fortune on the pools! My Dad did Littlewoods every week and the ‘pools man’ would come to the door and collect them.

Y Youth and experience - managers try to get the balance right in the squad. Ben Wiles has come from our youth team and established himself in the Millers first team . Let's hope that the likes of Joshua Kayode, Jake Cooper, etc, will be good enough do the same.

Last edited:
or... zonal marking - alternative to man-to-man marking at set plays. In theory leaves no open gaps.

We also had a "pools man". My dad worked shifts and would fairly often forget when the pools man was coming round, so I had to fill them in for him sometimes at short notice! Don't think I ever got us a winning line though. My Dad did win a few times, but most was about £60, I think.

Last edited:
X - X get the Xs in the right places and win a fortune on the pools! My Dad did Littlewoods every week and the ‘pools man’ would come to the door and collect them.

My Dad did the same but he was also one of the 'pools men' at the door collecting the coupons.