A-Z Of Food You Like To Eat | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Food You Like To Eat

I enjoy both of your M's Mike. Although I do tend to buy Marmalade without 'worms' in (peel).

N Nectarines

and I once had a dessert called Nesselrode which is made with cognac, yolk of an egg, sugar, raisins and cream and frozen. Very nice, very sickly!

Love Pizza, digger! I've been disappointed in both Quality Street and Roses for a couple of years, don't seem the same somehow. Lemon meringue roulade is lovely - I don't like the chocolate one either.

S Strawberries - though only tend to buy them in the summer as I find the ones they are selling at the moment are a bit tasteless.

.....and hard, and white at the top!!

T - Treacle Pud covered in custard!

(Or for the more refined amongst us - Syrup Sponge with Creme Anglaise!)

Love treacle sponge and upside down cake - not had that for years, but I did used to make my own when I baked many moons ago and Victoria sponge!

W Does Wine count as food! If not then Watermelon.

X (talking of watermelons) - Xigua are big green ones (usually) with reddish insides and dark pips. Quite nice to have a slice on a hot day.

... or , when it is winter time , Xmas cake or Xmas pudding

Last edited:
Y - Yorkshire Puddings - I like them with all roast meats. When I was young we had them with onion gravy as a starter before our Sunday roast dinner. (only time we ever had a starter!)

Z Zucchini / courgettes - quite like them. Also sometimes buy "zucchini spaghetti" from bargain bin in Tesco, if I spot it.

Last edited:
Y - Yorkshire Puddings - I like them with all roast meats. When I was young we had them with onion gravy as a starter before our Sunday roast dinner. (only time we ever had a starter!)

We always had Yorkshire's as a starter when I lived at home. It was to fill you up so you didn't want as much meat!! And I do then with every roast here too and stews. My dad used to like salt and vinegar on his!

Z Zucchini / cougettes - quite like them. Also sometimes buy "zucchini spaghetti" from bargain bin in Tesco, if I spot it.

A friend grows courgettes and sometimes sends some here but I don't think I've ever bought any. Not heard of zucchini spaghetti but I have a spiraler which I do carrots on although it has to be the right sized carrot and I usually get as much of my finger in as the carrot!