A-Z Of Food You Could Live Without | Vital Football

A-Z Of Food You Could Live Without

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
I was going to title it 'Food You Hate' but I'm sure if we were starving we'd eat anything - well, almost!

So this is any food that you wouldn't be bothered if you never saw on your plate - or in a glass or cup - again!

A Anchovies - peculiar little things and not for me

B Brussels sprouts - I will eat a few, but not really a fan of them and wouldn't normally buy them (same for anchovies)

Now, I don't mind sprouts as long as they are cooked!

C Coriander - don't like the smell or the taste. A few years ago spent a couple of days in Edinburgh and every cafe/hotel/restaurant we went in whatever you asked for it came with b****y coriander! I know they deep fry everything in Scotland but they even deep fried that horrible stuff! I spent most of my meals taking it off or moving it around the plate - it was even served with scrambled egg for breakfast!

Not had Horlicks for years.

I Ice Cream Soda - as I love Ice Cream I thought I'd like this too but I just didn't

Never had one but I'd like to try just to see what it is like! I might only have one bite mind!

K Kale - I have eaten it but definitely wouldn't miss it if it suddenly ran out!

L - Leek

Don't mind onions or Garlic , but never been a lover of Leek in the likes of Casseroles or Soups

Sticking with P, i really can't abide Pease Pudding.

In my younger days, i used to do people's gardens in my spare time.
I was doing a ladies garden while she went to town.
When she returned she asked me if i'd like some Ham sandwiches, which i accepted.
She invited me in to eat them, i took a bite and urggh it was laced with pease pudding.
Seeing as she was 'dining' with me, i thought it'd be rude to not eat them, so i forced them down.

Horrible.

Not something I have ever had, digger. What is it made of?
I'm not totally sure, but i know it has yellow split peas in it.
People from Sunderland way seem to rave on it, i think it's vile.

Quite ironic really, cos the lady who made me the sandwiches was originally from...Sunderland.