A-Z Of Food In Packages | Vital Football

A-Z Of Food In Packages

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
This can be anything in cans, crates, bottles, cardboard, plastic etc etc

A Apple Pie Filling - I have bought this in the deep and distant past though I don't bake at all now

Must admit they are one of my favourites, Mike.

C Carrots - they always seem to be cut into ring shapes in cans which remind me of school dinners

Can usually get fresh carrots (and frozen) fairly easily these days, all year round, so wouldn't normally buy them in tins
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D Dates - remember "Eat me" dates from the old days , which would appear in the shops around Xmas in distinctive cardboard boxes (maybe thin plywood ones too?) with rounded ends. Not noticed any for a long time though

Yes, growing up we always had a box in the house at Christmas.

E - Eggs, love them in any guise.

I bought a box of dates just after Christmas and it had the plastic 'fork' in - not had any like that for ages. Eggs and Fish Fingers are something I tend to always have in the house.

G Grape Nuts come in boxes

Why stop at one sauce - I have both on sandwiches! But only red sauce with fish fingers!

L Lucky Charms cereals - come in boxes - never seen them over here but on holiday I used to be fighting the children off for them! Can't be at all good for you as they have marshmallows in them!

M Margarine - usually sold in plastic tubs... or mint sauce in small glass jars. (If you have a garden, it is very easy to grow mint and make your own fresh mint sauce)

I grow mint but have to admit never make my own mint sauce. At the moment it's in a bag in the pantry looking very suspicious! If I remember I add it to lamb that I am cooking.

N Nutmeg comes in little tubs which used to be cardboard but might well now be plastic - I don't like it so don't buy it.

Got some ground nutmeg in a small plastic cylindrical container.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O Oranges - smallish ones from supermarket in a red plastic net-type bag... also sometimes get onions in that type of bag too.

Last edited:
You can by Lucky Charms Cereals -I bought it once when my granddaughter came to stay.

My Mum used to make rice pudding and put nutmeg on the top - we all wanted the ‘skin’!

P - Peas, frozen in a packet or mushy in a tin

Q Quiche (Lorraine) - usually bought in a card box, ready for warming up. Convenient to add other ingredients/toppings too. Fairly easy to make your own from scratch, but I haven't done recently. Frozen ones can be bought too.

I shall look out for Lucky Charms!

I like quiche - years ago I used to make my own but that's something else that went by the way

R Relish - comes in a jar

S Sweet potatoes - usually fresh ones in a plastic bag. Buy them occasionally, mainly when I spot them in supermarket bargain bin.

Not keen on sweet potatoes. Which was a surprise to me as I thought I'd like them!

T Tea - comes in packets or cardboard boxes or in tins