A-Z Of Film Characters | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Film Characters

U Unman - from the film "Unman, Wittering and Zigo", which had originally been a play on BBC Radio. In the film version , David Hemmings was the star as "John Ebony", but Michael Howe played "Unman".
Read the play in English Literature class at school, and "ZiggerZagger".... the problem was, I was supposed to be reading "Jane Eyre" at the time :p
(My desk was next to the cupboard with textbooks for other courses, and I got a bit bored)

Last edited:
Having been fighting with internet problems, tv problems and computer problems all week, nothing surprises me anymore Sixpence!

Caz, "Unman, Wittering and Zigo" has its fans. I quite liked it. 1960s-style film, although the play was from several years earlier , and the film was released 1971. It is a bit like the better-known "If" , directed by Lindsay Anderson. It could be that the play version is better known than the film?
The aforementioned pupils names were read out from a classroom register in an episode of Little Britain, and I did think there was a strong streak of black-humour there when I first read the play. (Maybe less so in the film)

By the way, Sixpence, I have been having a few wi-fi problems too - probably due to the stormy weather

Last edited:
W Willy Wonka - Main character from Trevor Phillips' favourite film... according to "Player Pro-file" page , Millers v Mansfield programme 23/09/78.

Also in there ...
Favourite tv actor - Benny (Crossroads), Pet Hate - John Green, Best Match - Swan Vestas :p

I never knew Trevor Phillips had that much of a sense of humour!

X Xenophilius Lovegood - Luna's dad in Harry Potter

Z Zorro! - He was an American Batman-type masked crimefighter and swordfighting expert, who often finished off his handiwork by signing the the letter "Z" with his epee on something. "Zorro" is Spanish for "Fox". Several films - could be one on tv over Xmas.

Last edited:
My friend's son in France was 'mad' on Zorro as a young boy - dressed up as him all the time!

Well, there we have another one done!

Thanks for joining in everyone!