A-Z Of Film Characters | Vital Football

A-Z Of Film Characters

D Danny Rose - Not Mitch's brother, but the Broadway one. Main character in the old Woody Allen film.
Mitch is currently playing for Notts County.

Last edited:
I Indiana Jones - Adventure film series starring Harrison Ford in the lead role. Probably be on tv at Xmas time.

Last edited:
I do like a good Indiana Jones film!

J (The) Joker - recently watched this and can't make my mind up if I enjoyed it or not!

Mmm!

M - Maria - Julie Andrews in Sound of Music. Another film I travelled to Leeds to see in the sixties and remember queueing a long time outside the cinema!

One of my fav films Sound of Music and my granddaughter is a fan of the songs.

N Norman Bates - from Psycho played by Anthony Perkins

O Oliver Twist - Several films have been made , based on the Charles Dickens novel, from 1838 . Probably the best known is the musical version from 1968, "Oliver!", with Mark Lester playing the title role. Interesting to see who was considered for the other roles, but did not eventually appear in the film , including Peter Sellars, and Dick Van Dyke (!) as possibilities for Fagin, and Shirley Bassey as Nancy.
When I was a kid, I misheard a comment on a tv documentary about the film, and for years thought that Lionel Blair wrote the music... not Lionel Bart! ... Well, there is some dancing in it :p
Likely to be on tv at Xmas.

Last edited:
LOL re the Lionel Blair/Bart! Perhaps Walt Disney should have taken note when Dick Van Dyke wasn't suitable for Fagin - who definitely had a London accent!!!

P Pippi Longstocking - my daughters favourite as a child.

Haven't seen 'The Queen' yet. Have seen two series of 'The Crown' and enjoyed them - have put the third series on my Christmas list!

R Robin Hood - can't beat Richard Greene as Robin though I do like the Disney version too

Last edited:
S Smokey - Smokey and the Bandit. American car chase comedy film. Smokey (Sherriff Bulford) was played by Jackie Gleason , the Bandit (Bo Darville) by Burt Reynolds. The long-running tv series "The Dukes of Hazzard" probably "borrowed" some ideas from this.
Likely to be on tv over Xmas

Last edited:
T Tonto - The Lone Rangers sidekick. In Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish, 'Tonto' translates as a dumb person. Michael Horse played him in the Legend of the Lone Ranger film.