A-Z Of Europe | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Europe

How did you afford to get hungover in Austria, Mike!!! LOL

Never been to Albania either - not one of my places to visit if I'm honest.

U Udine - a city in Italy where, I imagine, the football club Udinese Calcio is from?

W Warsaw - capital of Poland. It was bombed to rubble in WW2, but then much of the centre was rebuilt in the original style where possible, so there are pleasant market sqaures, cafes, bars, etc, and it can get quite hot in summer. Worth a visit. Most of the people that I met there were "football mad" - so I hope we have some scouts looking for potential Polish recruits to play for the Millers, although it may be more difficult to sign them now.

Last edited:
X Xanthi - City in northern Greece. Xanthi FC play in Greek Super League 2. They have played in the top division though, and were Greek Cup finalists in 2015.
Never been there.

Last edited:
I was at a League Cup Replay game at York when the Millers won in the penalty shoot-out (was it the first in the competition?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z Zagreb - Capital of Croatia

Last edited:
I also spent my honeymoon in York, Sixpence - well Acaster Malbis - it rained!

I don't know about the League Cup tie at York being the first one to be won on pens, Mike. Could well have been. We did win the first FA Cup tie on pens at Millmoor.

Well, that's Europe sorted! Thanks for joining in!

We were definitely the first penalty shoot out winners in in the FA Cup, not sure about the League Cup.
Update - checked it . We were one of the early League Cup tie shoot-out winners, but the first was in the previous season to that replay game at York

Last edited: