A-Z Of England | Vital Football

A-Z Of England

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Anything English - something we do, something that's typical, places, people - anything.

A Afternoon Tea - definitely an English thing

Not in the school playground - it's a health and safety issue!

We play it with my Granddaughter - so far she has survived!

D - Dripping on bread for breakfast - from cooking the Sunday joint. Loved it with bits of the brown jelly, from the bottom of the pot, on the top.

I. Islington for reasons I cannot tell to two ladies.

Was in Harrogate ten years ago, blooming freezing in January. Nice place though and went by train through to York which I thought was really great. Ordered a pie in a pub in the centre and was presented with one that could have fed an army. Ha Ha.
Loved the market there.

Well that's like telling half a tale re Islington isn't it! Like Harrogate too although it is always busy. (and not as posh as it used to be, they have a Pound shop now!)

J Jousting - I always think this is very English, though, to be honest, I'm not sure!

N National Health Service - I know there are people who moan and groan about it but I'm glad we've got the NHS

I couldnt agree more! Whatever it's faults, it's very reassuring to know it's there.

As a parent, I can't think of anything worse than having to walk 3days to get treatment for a sick child! (as happens all the time in many third world countries).

O - Oliver Cromwell

R Royal Family - the first thing I am always asked when I go to the USA is 'how is your Queen' - the American's are so so jealous of our Royal family I think it's worth keeping them just for that!