A-Z Of Drinks | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Drinks

U Urquell - Classic Czech Pilsner-style lager...or if you fancy an English ale, Umbel Magna, award-winning spicy porter from Nethergate brewery in Suffolk (probably more suited to winter drinking)

Last edited:
V Vodka -Clear distilled spirit. Drink on its own, or use in cocktails. Many berry/herb flavoured vodkas are available too these days.

Last edited:
I do like a Black Russian cocktail with vodka and a friend says that Grey Goose straight from the freezer is 'the best'.

W Water - I drink a lot of water. I know people will moan but I actually buy the big bottles (17p from supermarkets) and keep them in the fridge. In the last few years our water has had a taste that I don't like and by the time I've run enough off to get a glass as cold as I want I've run over 17p's worth away.

X Xtabenun - Mexican anise/honey liqueur. Never had it, but it is a bit like Pernod, apparently . Pronounced as "shtab-en-TOON"... try saying that after you have drunk a few shots of it! :balloon:

Sounds interesting if you like pernod I suppose. Strangely I don't mind liquorice and I can eat aniseed balls but don't like pernod or ricard (which, after drinking, I spent a full night in the bathroom on my honeymoon!) or anything like that.

Good getting an X too!

Y Yellow Tail Red Wine - my favourite

There is also a Yellow Tail Pale Ale that Wantsum Brewery in Kent brews using New Zealand hops - nice refreshing pint.

Z - Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka from Poland. If you watched a lot of cowboy films when you were young , you may be surprised to know that there are also bison in Europe, such as the wild ones in the Polish national parks, which are pictured on the bottle label. What about the bison grass? - it's a wild grass that has a vanilla/floral type taste, and the flavour goes well with vodka. I have drunk this type of vodka in Poland, but you can also probably find some in your local supermarket too these days. By the way, the European bison that I saw were fairly small compared to the ones in the cowboy films.

If you prefer a continental lager, Zwyiec, also from Poland , is good. Their porter, though less well known, in very drinkable too

Last edited: