A-Z Of Drinks | Vital Football

A-Z Of Drinks

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Can be any drinks - alcohol, non-alcohol, cocktails - anything

A Apple Juice - not a fan of apple juice myself

B Beer. Best bitter, for example. Good range of local ones from South Yorkshire to choose from these days too :cheers:

E Espresso coffee. Popular morning drink in Italy. Generally, I prefer caffeine in a less concentrated form though. Of course, a "normal" cup of coffee would actually contain more caffeine than a typical espresso.

Last edited:
The other half likes Espresso but it's not for me. I prefer a cappuccino.

F Fruit juice - I have in a morning on holiday but don't tend to have it at home. There is also a cocktail call' led a 'fuzzy navel' which I believe has peach schnapps in it.

There's a cocktail called "Freddie Fudpucker" too . Tequila , orange juice , galliano - quite nice

G Guinness - Been on the brewery tour in Dublin where the famous stout is brewed. Worth a visit if you are in the area. Nice to have a pint of the "black stuff" occasionally.

Last edited:
K Kentucky Bourbon Whisky - bought some at Aldi last year. Good stuff. Don't know if they are still selling it

I have had them but do find them a bit sickly

For M I'd have had my favourite - Majito - very refreshing

N New York Cocktail - not sure what's in it but maybe they should give us all one when we get back to the NYS!

... Lemon juice, grenadine .whiskey and sugar apparently... served with a twist of lemon.

Never had one

O Orange juice. Getting through quite a lot of it at the moment

Last edited:
Well I'd try one of those if they gave me one at the match!

P Pina Colada - to say I like the things that go into making one I don't really like it as a drink

Or I could have had Pepsi Max

Q Quartermaine . Strong IPA from the Wimbledon Brewery. I have had a few pints of it ( although not recently) and can recommended it. Worth looking out for when we play the Dons away again... match venue will probably be the new Plough Lane stadium.

S Stones' bitter... the 70s/early 80s version , that is, not the poor modern substitute. There was a big hoarding board outside Millmoor which advertised it. Ideally consumed in the Moulders, Queens, Millmoor Hotel, Bridge, etc, after seeing Ronnie Moore, Johnny Breckin, Tony Towner , Rodney Fern , et al, achieve another Millers victory!
For a 2020 beer - Saltaire Blonde is refreshing pint (All the Saltaire beers are usually good)

Last edited: