A-Z Of Cheese And It's Accompaniments | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Cheese And It's Accompaniments

O - Lots of "Old" and "Organic" but decided on one I've enjoyed, Orkney Mature Cheddar which you can buy from the Orkney Cheese Company.
Must say this thread is reigniting my fondness for cheese and I shall be ordering a few online this weekend.
Sadly, I now find they don't sell online. Bizarre but true.

Last edited:
Not sure I've tried that one. I live Manchego (another Spanish cheese, Lindum!)

N Neufchatel - made in France and I was told it tasted of mushrooms, but I didn't get that when I tried it at a cheese tasting some time ago. It always comes in heart shape.

P Port- A drink that goes well with many cheeses (eg Stilton). You can sometimes see port-and-cheese gift boxes on sale in the supermarkets at Xmas.
I love port - so much so that I am only allowed to buy it at Christmas. I get a bottle each of Fletcher's LBV and Fletcher's Ruby Reserve from Aldi. I used to drink proper vintage ports but my children and grandchildren have found better uses for my money!

Not sure I've tried that one. I live Manchego (another Spanish cheese, Lindum!)

N Neufchatel - made in France and I was told it tasted of mushrooms, but I didn't get that when I tried it at a cheese tasting some time ago. It always comes in heart shape.
I'm impressed that you "live Manchego" - that's being a real fan!

S Stilton - blue-veined, strong-tasting and one of the most famous types of English cheese. As previously mentioned , it goes down well with a glass of port (Traditional winter snack and refreshment). Stilton is a village which is a few miles south of Peterborough.

Last edited:
...or... Toast.... as in cheese on toast snacks
---------------------------------------------------
U Ubriaco cheeses- Italian wine- soaked cheeses eg ubriaco rosso, ubriaco al prosecco, etc. ("Ubriaco" means drunken)

Last edited:
...or... Toast.... as in cheese on toast snacks
---------------------------------------------------
U Ubriaco cheeses- Italian wine- soaked cheeses eg ubriaco rosso, ubriaco al prosecco, etc. ("Ubrianco" means drunken)
Not sure if I fancy that, Mike! I seem to remember someone used to soak Stilton in port or rather make a hole and dribble the port in over a few days.