A-Z Of Cartoon Characters | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Cartoon Characters

...or Top Cat - one of the best tv cartoons. Always listed as "Boss Cat" by the BBC, because Top Cat was also a brand of cat food. and no commercial advertising was allowed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U Ubiquitous Umbrella Maker -from the children's tv show Tomfoolery, which was a tribute to the works of Edward Lear, Lewis Carroll, etc.

or... Ursula from the Disney amination "The Little Mermaid" - adapted from the original Hans Christian Andersen story

Last edited:
... or Vincent van Gopher - friend of Musky the muskrat in the Deputy Dawg tv cartoon show
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

W Willo the Wisp. BBC tv cartoon narrated by Kenneth Williams. Willo was a ghostly blue flame that was a caricature of Kenneth Williams himself, and also based on a previous British Gas advert. Stories were set in Doyley Woods. Quite good.

Last edited:
I thought of that one as well, although I was never really a Marvel comics fan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Y Yogi Bear tv cartoon. Based in Jellystone Park . His friend was Boo-Boo, and their antics were often interrupted by Mr. Ranger.

Some years ago there was a rumour that the Millers could be signing the much-troubled/injured Nile Ranger. On another website, I wrote that I'd rather we sign Yogi and Boo-Boo than Mr. Ranger. One of the other posters replied with "Forget it, Warney is never going to play two up front"!

Last edited: