A-Z Of British Actors/Actresses | Vital Football

A-Z Of British Actors/Actresses

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
This can by any actor or actress who was born in Britain - first names or surnames.

A Alan Rickman - brilliant as the Sheriff of Nottingham and in Harry Potter.

B Brian Blessed - Loud voiced Barnsley fan. Originally rose to fame in "Z-cars."
Never spotted him in the crowd at Millers v Barnsley matches though, home or away.

Last edited:
J - Julie Andrews - she had an op onher throat which was unsuccessful and can no longer sing, I believe.

I think I saw that too - shame isn't it.

K Kenneth Cope - loved him in Randall and Hopkirk and wasn't he in Corrie in the early days (not watched it in years)

He played the young tearaway "Jed Stone" in (early period) Coronation Street, who was always up to something slightly dodgy, though often with amusing consequences. He was in a lot of 60s films, in supporting roles. Sadly no longer with us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L -Leslie Phillips. Comedy actor.... and other roles. I have met him - he seemed to be the same in real life as he is in the films! :p
(Although some actors/actresses never go "out of character" in public).
Born in Tottenham and a keen Spurs fan.

Last edited:
He played the young tearaway "Jed Stone" in (early period) Coronation Street, who was always up to something slightly dodgy, though often with amusing consequences. He was in a lot of 60s films, in supporting roles. Sadly no longer with us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L -Leslie Phillips. Comedy actor.... and other roles. I have met him - he seemed to be the same in real life as he is in the films! :p
(Although some actors/actresses never go "out of character" in public).
Born in Tottenham and a keen Spurs fan.

Nice memory for you, Mike!