A-Z Of Band Members | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Band Members

T - Terry Kath - lead singer, guitarist and song writer with American band Chicago until he accidentally shot and sadly killed himself.

Interesting choice... the band Chicago were originally known as the Chicago Transit Authority, and were forced to change their name for legal reasons. In their early days they had a much harder-hitting experimental sound than the later Chicago pop hits, and Terry Kath was highly rated as a guitarist by Jimi Hendrix!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U - (Ian) Underwood . Woodwind and keyboard player for the Mothers of Invention, and a significant contributor to their distinctive sound. Also often appears on other Frank Zappa albums and collaborative projects.

Last edited:
Interesting choice... the band Chicago were originally known as the Chicago Transit Authority, and were forced to change their name for legal reasons. In their early days they had a much-harder hitting experimental sound than the later Chicago pop hits, and Terry Kath was highly rated as a guitarist by Jimi Hendrix!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U - (Ian) Underwood . Woodwind and keyboard player for the Mothers of Invention, and a key contributor to their distinctive sound. Also often appears on other Frank Zappa albums and collaborative projects.

I liked some of their music and so I watched a programme on tv recently about the band. He was a brilliant guitarist - self -taught and reportedly (as you say) Jimi‘s favourite guitarist!

V Van Morrison - originally singer, guitarist and songwriter in 1960's Belfast-based group, Them. One of their songs , "Gloria" has been covered by many singers and bands , probably most famously by Patti Smith

Last edited:
W (Jack and Meg) White - The White Stripes. Highly-rated American indie duo/band, who also managed to write and record the terrace anthem - "Seven Nation Army". (y)

Last edited:
Sorry, my page hadn't turned!

X Xavier Rudd - Australian singer whose songs are very spiritual. Before he went solo he fronted a band called Xavier and the Hum

Y (Neil) Young - Singer, guitarist, songwriter in Buffalo Springfield, CSN&Y, Crazy Horse. etc. He has definitely turned out a few rock classics over the years. Not to be confused with the old Manchester City player of the same name, who scored the only goal in the 1969 FA Cup final.

Last edited:
Ian Gillan was brilliant as the original Jesus in JC Superstar - though hadn't got lovely eyes like Ted Neeley in the film. Saw Joe Cocker in a pub in Sheffield and he just stood up and sang - many moons ago. LOL re the Keith Richards, Mike, we wouldn't have a clue what was happening! (Mind I sometimes feel like that with our lot on the IFollow commentary!)

L Lou Reed - well known as a soloist but was in the rock band Velvet Underground

I saw the Ian Gillan band at Reading Rock Festival 1980.
Top of the bill was Whitesnake

re Lou Reed - 'Lemmy' of Motorhead was in Hawkwind - he sang vocals on 'Silver Machine'