A-Z Of Band Members | Vital Football

A-Z Of Band Members

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
This can be any band and can be first names, last names or names they are known by!

A Al Jardine - The Beach Boys. Was a founder member and rhythm guitarist who also sang lead on Cotton Fields, Help Me Rhonda and others.

B Brian Wilson -also founder member of the Beach Boys. Songwriter, singer , musician and producer. His two brothers and cousin were also Beach Boys. It is widely believed that he only actually went surfing once... and he nearly drowned.

Beachboys have always been one of my favourite bands. Saw them in Leeds in 1967, Saw Brian Wilson in Liverpool in 2005 and Mike Love, Bruce Johnston plus others in Sheffield 2015. Still often play my LPs!!

D - Danny Donoghue, singer in the Irish band The Script

... or could have had Dave Dee (real name David John Hardman) of 60's group "Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich". One of their hits was "Hold tight" , which was for several years used as the Millers pre-match warm-up music....could have had Dozy too!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E Eric Burdon - lead singer of the rhythm and blues 60's group, "The Animals". The group was formed in Newcastle and and is probably best known for the chart-topping single, "House of the Rising Sun".

Last edited:
F (Paul) Fenton - Drummer in Christie and for a short while T Rex and last time I heard of him was in a T Rex tribute band

G (Noel and Liam) Gallagher - founders member of Oasis. The group had previously called themselves "Rain" - possibly due to being from Manchester, and also it was probably a tribute to a slightly obscure (though good) Beatles song.

Last edited:
K - Kate Bush
Her debut single (Wuthering heights) was released when i was in 'fifth year' at school

I was going to choose John Lennon of the Beatles , then Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones.
Bev, a regular caller to the Radio Sheffield Football Heaven show , keeps accidentally calling commentator and ex-Blade Keith Edwards, "Keith Richards"!
Just imagine what the match commentary would be like if "Keef" was really doing it!

:balloon:

Ian Gillan was brilliant as the original Jesus in JC Superstar - though hadn't got lovely eyes like Ted Neeley in the film. Saw Joe Cocker in a pub in Sheffield and he just stood up and sang - many moons ago. LOL re the Keith Richards, Mike, we wouldn't have a clue what was happening! (Mind I sometimes feel like that with our lot on the IFollow commentary!)

L Lou Reed - well known as a soloist but was in the rock band Velvet Underground

M Manfred Mann - keyboard player of the group "Manfred Mann". Hit records include "Mighty Quinn" ( which was written by Bob Dylan) and was used as the Millers pre-match warm up music when Johnny Quinn was the Millers captain.

O (John) O'Neill - guitatist and songwiter of the Undertones. His younger brother Vincent was a band member too. Both were also in That Petrol Emotion.

Q (Suzy) Quatro - Suzy and her sisters (Patti and Arlene) were in a Detroit group called the Pleasure Seekers, before she became famous.

Last edited:
Well I never knew that about Suzy!

R Roger Daltrey - The Who. He used to build his and the other band members guitars when they first started out.

S Steve Winwood - singer, keyboard player, guitarist and songwriter in the Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, and Blind Faith.

Last edited: