A-Z Of Animals/Reptiles/Birds In Songs | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Of Animals/Reptiles/Birds In Songs

Various singers/bands have recorded songs call "Orang UTAN". Many concerning the protection of this endangered species.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

V VAMPIRE Blues - Neil Young. Song about the oil industry : "I'm a black bat ,baby. I need my high octane... "

Last edited:
Jackie Lee?
or ... Hungry like the WOLF - Duran Duran (again)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X XANTUS' HUMMINGBIRD - "Listen to the hummingbird" is a Leonard Cohen song - he doesn't specify which type, so it could include this one. Similarly the Leon Russell song "Hummingbird" , which has been covered by a variety of well-known musicians. This particular type of hummingbird is based in Mexico and was identifed as a separate species by the Hungarian zoologist John Xantus de Vesey.

Last edited:
Think you are right with Jackie Lee, Mike.

Impressed you got an X, I was struggling with that one. Leonard Cohen someone not to listen too if you are already feeling down.

Saw Albert y Los Trios Paranoias live doing a Leonard Cohen "tribute" song - "Gloom from a room". Very funny :p
Don't know if it is on any of their albums
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternative Y- YAKety Sax by Boots Randolf. UK hit in 1963, and later used as Benny Hill tv show theme music. There are plenty of other versions too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Z ZEBRA - John Butler Trio. Bluesy foot-tapper from the Australian rock band. Nice to hear a bit of slide guitar - quite like it. Clip on YouTube

Last edited: