A-Z Of Animals/Reptiles/Birds In Songs | Vital Football

A-Z Of Animals/Reptiles/Birds In Songs

Good choice...
or... See you later, ALLIGATOR - Bill Haley and the Comets
-------------------------------------------------------------------

B BAT out of Hell - Meatloaf. Probably his best recording?

Last edited:
E Effervescing ELEPHANT - Syd Barrett (founder member of Pink Floyd). One of his more child-like whimsical compositions from his solo albums.

G Funky GIBBON - The Goodies
Bill Oddie , who is usually quite an expert on wildlife, wrote the lyrics which seem to imply that gibbons are monkeys, when actually they are apes! (So it fits with the opening post too)
Common mistake - my little sister thought that the song was called "Monkey Gibbon " when it first came out. No wonder she never got an O-level in Zoology!
:balloon:

Last edited:
H - They shoot HORSES don't they ? - Racing Cars

Didnt realise Meatloaf had ANY good songs !!!!!
:grinning:

...or...HORSE with no name - America
-------------------------------------------------------------
I IGUANA - Inna. Can't say that I am very familiar with the work of this Romanian vocalist , but she is very popular across Europe. Not really a style that I would normally listen to, but there's something about it that I quite like.

Last edited:
or ... KANGAROO by Big Star, who were an indie-type band from the USA. They were ahead of their time in lots of ways, and inspired and influenced many others, but they also had a self-destructive streak and were never a big commercial success.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
L LEOPARD skin pill box hat - Bob Dylan

Last edited:
or... Chestnut MARE by the Byrds
----------------------------------------------------------------
N NIGHTHAWK (Vampire Blues)- Whitesnake. A nighthawk is a type of American nightjar that has pointed wings.

Hadn't thought of that one... (y)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
P Mr Slater's PARROT - Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band. On the Keysham album - think I have it on vinyl somehere, and on various "Best of" compilations on CD. Later used in Cadbury's sweets adverts on tv.

Last edited: