A-Z Films | Vital Football

A-Z Films

Lindum

Vital Football Hero
A slight twist. For each letter I will (hopefully) list 3 film titles. Any words in the title beginning with the letter are obscured but * show the number of letters. I will give the film's date of release and a fact or two. If people don't like it we can try something else. So here goes. LETTER A

1. *** ***** Eve (1950), Bette Davis and Anne Baxter starred
2. ***** * Boy (2002) Rom-com with Hugh Grant
3. ***** Earth (2013) Sci-fi with Will Smith

Now I tend to post morning and afternoon so if you know them hold fire until the evening to see if Sixpence wants a go and I'll give the answers each morning - assuming I can remember them! This is a slightly clumsy mechanism I know but it's rare I can get on after six o'clock. Alternate ideas welcomed.

Hm, I'm not sure I've got this right. The mechanism is clumsy. Perhaps the simpler A-Z format works better. Let me know what you think and I'm not all precious about scrapping it and going back to the tried and trusted.

Well I think it's 'About'.

I'll be honest the only way I can see it working if we send you our answers on Private Message. But it's a lot of faffing about for you.

Thanks for thinking of me Lindum! I don’t know a lot about films - have never watched them very much - used to find it hard to find the time or to sit still long enough!
I wasn’t really sure if I was supposed to put my answers up or not, sorry.
1. All About
2. About A
3. After (I did have to ask Gordon this one)

Well I think it's 'About'.

I'll be honest the only way I can see it working if we send you our answers on Private Message. But it's a lot of faffing about for you.
True, Caz. It's the different times people come on that makes it difficult. I'm putting it on hold and will post up a normal A-Z later.

When I first started coming on Vital - many moons ago - there was a quiz two evenings a week when the quiz master used to get people to send him the answers by PM. As I said before it was a lot of work as everyone sent them in a couple of answers at a time then added to it! I was quiz master one time and it was very overwhelming.

But it was a good idea you had!