A to Z Footballers | Page 26 | Vital Forums

A to Z Footballers

Swan_Lady2

Vital Champions League
Paul Power

For the revenue involved it is not worth risking the wrath of fans who are having their match day experience ruined. The adverts on our side of the boards in the East and South stands are different from the ones pointing at the tv cameras and are a real distraction for those in the front few rows. Leigh Dineen needs to address this by sitting there himself for a game or two to see what the fans are having to put up with, resentment is starting to grow so he's better get his act together as we no longer seem to be a club who cares about the fans which is not what was supposed to happen when the Swans trust was set up.

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Quagliarella(Fabio),Juventus

I'm sure they'll sort something out though.
Regarding the Utrecht complaint to Fifa about not receiving a percentage of Vorm's transfer fee. I've seen speculated transfer fees ranging from zero to £5.5m on various sites. IMO we would hardly sell him for nothing,and Utrecht have the right to a percentage of what profit was made over the £1.5m that we originally paid. Disguising it in a swap deal is not fair and will give us a bad name,we should pay up. Our transfer business this close season has gone well,with us clearing the decks of the dead wood. There are still a few non productive players left,such as Curtis Obeng, who has surprisingly been named in the 25 man squad,another,fans favourite Tate,has not. I hope they can find a role for him within the club after his loyal service.

Swan_Lady2

Vital Champions League
Ryan Bertram

Obeng is a surprise addition in the 25, maybe Monk sees something there that no previous manager has done though we have yet to see him in a Swans shirt even on the subs bench. As for Tatey his time is sadly over as a player, as much as I respected him during his playing days we can't keep finding jobs for the boys and not everyone is suitable as a coach. You need to be well organised and have a good rapport with youngsters as well as achieve the necessary coaching badges and with Curt, O'Leary and Trunds already on the books in some capacity or another not sure there is room for another ex player at this time.

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Saad Assis,Barcelona

Well,ironically,Obeng scored in the latest Under 21's Development Squad match v Sheff Wed,to put them ahead from the penalty spot. Wednesday then had a player sent off,changed their formation,and won 2-1,with our lot fading badly in the second half against 10 men. There's been a lot of investment in the under 21's this close season,so it's a surprise we're not doing better.
Alan Tate was a legend for Swansea during the dark days,certainly more of a hero than KOL. I'm sure HJ recognises this and will find some role for him within the club,that now has over 300 employees (read it somewhere and couldn't believe it either!).

Swan_Lady2

Vital Champions League
Tom Carrol

Think the younger Swans age groups are our future, unfortunately the majority of the existing under 21's and older have failed to improve and break through yet some have been given extended contracts despite their lack of progress. We are seeing that new players from other clubs are having to be brought in to bolster the squad, let's hope in future all players are chosen on merit alone.

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Ubiparip(Vojo),Lech,Poland

Hopefully the huge investment to attain Category 1 status will pay off for us in the future.
When is the PL Manager of the Month award for August announced,it's already 7 Sept?
Has Javier Garcia made a difference as our new goalkeeping coach?
Who will get the left back spot for Wales? Taylor has to be chosen for me,as Ben has had little game time since his exit from the Swans,with a few sub appearances and a cup game.It seems as if he will now be understudy to Danny Rose at Spurs,so far it's not turning out as expected.

Swan_Lady2

Vital Champions League
Vinnie Jones

Expect the manager of the month will be announced sometime in the coming week although with the international break they might leave it until next Friday, either Garry or Jose will get it ...

So far Garcia seems to have proved his worth although having new keeper Fabianski to work with is a plus for him. With Vorm and Tremmel both struggling for form last season something had to change, Monk will have seen the decline as did the rest of us so to take the step of sacking the previous long term coach was a necessary action along with changing our first choice keeper.