A To-do Bucket List | Page 3 | Vital Football

A To-do Bucket List

It does help if you can swim DM, lol. I reckon I was the only one there who could, hence the chatting and hopping! But why pay nearly £4 to do that, better off hopping to a café with yer friends for a cuppa!!!

rybel_b - 14/1/2014 5:07 PM

No, not one of the 'dying' ones, we've all got plenty of years left in us yet!!

When I was boxed in the other week, bad back and bad weather, I made a list of things I want to do this year.

We've already got three coach tours booked, but I would also like to do:

Go to Cleethorpes on my birthday
Do an overnighter in Hartlepool
Family day out at Marten Rasen races

Locally I want to:

Walk round Endcliffe Park
Walk round Rother Valley - tick
Have a walk down the woods - tick
Have a walk to Renishaw Hall
Go to Western Park Museum
Go swimming - tick

Have a bus trip to Doncaster: Barnsley: Mansfield - tick: Worksop - tick: Derby: Ripley - tick.

Plus I already have one on my list for next year....a coach tour to Southsea, so I can have a walk down memory lane in Portsmouth.

Also I want to see my Gary Roberts play, so I guess to the Proact Stadium when the weather gets better.

We have nothing special planned for tomorrow, so hoping to tick off one of the local ones!

So, has anyone else got plans for 2014?

That's another one ticked off. Had a fantastic walk around Rother Valley Country Park today. The weather was perfect for walking, and also the terrain, flat. Fortunately I had wellies on, so could walk wherever I wandered, sludge or puddles.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and will do it again in the summer. Must remember to take some bread for the ducks, swans etc!
Also, re walking, that's nearly 10 miles over the last two days. Gotta keep fit!
:17:

I can think of one for my bucket list - to get through a season without having to turn back from an away game because it's been called off!

When I was boxed in the other week, bad back and bad weather, I made a list of things I want to do this year.

Locally I want to:

Go to Western Park Museum - tick
Go swimming - tick

Have a bus trip to Doncaster: Barnsley: Mansfield - tick: Worksop - tick: Derby: Ripley - tick.

Plus I already have one on my list for next year....a coach tour to Southsea, so I can have a walk down memory lane in Portsmouth.

Also I want to see my Gary Roberts play, so I guess to the Proact Stadium when the weather gets better.

We have nothing special planned for tomorrow, so hoping to tick off one of the local ones!

Ticked another one off today, Western Park Museum. But we only did a bit of it....loads of kids enjoying themselves. We saw what we went to see, re WWI, and will do the rest at a later date.

Locally I want to:

Go to Western Park Museum - tick
Have a walk round Queens Park - tick
Have a walk round Clifton Park
Go swimming - tick

Have a bus trip to Doncaster: Barnsley: Mansfield - tick: Worksop - tick: Derby: Ripley - tick: Nottingham.

I've ticked another one off today. Had a fab walk around Queens Park in Chesterfield. Even had a gander at the cricket place, seeing as no cricket on at this time of the year!

The weather was fantastic, just right for walking. Lots of little kiddies enjoying themselves, outside and in the café. Saw Cyril the squirrel, I know they are vermin, but I love watching squirrels hopping up and down trees!

At this rate, I'm going to need another 'bucket' list soon!!! :17:

I don't know Bez. I know they get referred to as "Tree Rats" , but i don't know whether they spread disease or not.
Although i do know that the "illnesses" they carry do kill any brown squirrels that they come into contact with.

I think they're really cute , and have known the odd one come into my "cabin" and be fed sandwiches.

Oh, I'm dead jealous of you having lunch with a squirrel DM.

I was watching one in a park once and this little girls wanted to know what I was watching, so I told her 'Cyril Squirrel', she was as excited as me and we watched it for ages. But her mum was fed up with waiting, so the little 'un left with a long face, I thought she was going to cry!!

We always took peanuts on holiday to Bournemouth with us to feed the squirrels until one year the feeding of 'vermin' was banned

Bournemouth was one of the few places where they still had red squirrels. This is why grey ones are vermin, cos they are trying to drive the red ones out of their habitat.

Our coach tour to Weymouth doesn't include Bournemouth, or we could have been on a mission to find a red squirrel, lol!!!

Tick, tick, tick then Caz!!

I'm going to check what the weather is like down south for later on, see what clothes to take.
Well, it is nearer the equator, lol!

If it helps I didn't fasten my coat up until half-time on Tuesday at Colchester and didn't need my gloves at all!