A To-do Bucket List | Page 2 | Vital Football

A To-do Bucket List

Yes, the fella on coast has an irritating voice, I agree. Actually, there are quite a few programmes I can't stand cos of the voices.
The worst voice for me is Sarah Millican, she makes me cringe!!
Not her accent, btw, her screech!

herringthorpe - 17/1/2014 3:36 PM

I could never stand Sally's voice on Corrie

Used to quite fancy her when i was younger :12:

Not sure what the advert's about , but the bloke that stands there saying "i've done the maths" grinds on me.

I didn't like the Go Compare one where Stuart Pearce (i think) kicked a ball at him.
Setting the wrong example in my opinion

To be honest we mute most of the adverts so I don't get to hear a lot of them. Vaguely remember the one with Stuart Pearce in don't think it lasted long

I've made a list of things I can tick off my bucket list today. The trip to Ripley might be on, come Friday. Plus, weather permitting, a walk round Rother Valley one day as well.

rybel_b - 14/1/2014 5:07 PM

No, not one of the 'dying' ones, we've all got plenty of years left in us yet!!

When I was boxed in the other week, bad back and bad weather, I made a list of things I want to do this year.

We've already got three coach tours booked, but I would also like to do:

Go to Cleethorpes on my birthday
Do an overnighter in Hartlepool
Family day out at Marten Rasen races

Locally I want to:

Walk round Endcliffe Park
Walk round Rother Valley
Have a walk down the woods - tick
Have a walk to Renishaw Hall
Go to Western Park Museum

Have a bus trip to Doncaster: Barnsley: Mansfield-tick: Worksop: Derby: Ripley.

Plus I already have one on my list for next year....a coach tour to Southsea, so I can have a walk down memory lane in Portsmouth.

Also I want to see my Gary Roberts play, so I guess to the Proact Stadium when the weather gets better.

We have nothing special planned for tomorrow, so hoping to tick off one of the local ones!

So, has anyone else got plans for 2014?

Got another one ticked off, went for a fantastic walk down the woods. All different terrain, and weather, it was fab!! Walked for about 2hours, and was sweating when I got home, even though it was raining!!

There was sludge, puddles [more like rivers] even still some leaves....so sludge trudging, puddle jumping and leaf kicking!!
It may be called sluddling from now on, lol.

I had my wellies on, of course, and took my walking pole. Still had to strip off and put all mi clothes in the washer when I got in!
Fab time, really enjoyed it!!! :17:

Glad you enjoyed your "sluddling" , Bez.
Talking bout "ticking off" - we had a drive up to Hartlepool this afternnon (twas freezing on the beach) , and whilst up there we decided to try n find an old station (Hart).
Got lost though and didn't find it.
Never mind - we can always try again sometime

I'm dead jealous, re you going to Hartlepool DM, that's on mi bucket list!!

Shame you never found the old station, but as you say, you can try again. Good luck next time.

Re the freezing on the beach. We went to Mablethorpe one January, for the day. I can't go to the sea-side without walking on the sands. George walked on the prom, while I walked on the beach. It then started snowing very heavily. He was shaking is head, mouthing, 'you are puddled' lol. I carried on, then stopped and built a snow sand-castle!!! One for the memory bank!

Mablethorpe !! That's a blast from the past. I went there on a family holiday with my parents in 1978 - i'd just left school.
Don't remember much about it , just that there was some sort of farm/zoo opposite our caravan site (Golden Sands).

I don't mind the cold so much - just as well seeing as i work outside - but i don't like being on a beach when it's really windy and the sand blows in your face.

You certainly sound as if you know how to enjoy yourself Bez - good on ya!!

I never want to grow up DM, t'would be boring. I've told folk to shoot me it they ever see me in a twin-set, pearls and brogues!!! lol.

Golden Sands is still in Mablethorpe DM, we've been there!! I like all the east coast resorts.

I can stand all weathers, cold, wind, rain, I just don't like them all at the same time.

Yeah i pretty much like all the east coast places i've been to.
I love being in Whitby and Scarborough at night - just a great atmosphere.
Enjoyed Southend too - despite the weird accents!!!

When I was boxed in the other week, bad back and bad weather, I made a list of things I want to do this year.

Locally I want to:

Walk round Rother Valley

Have a bus trip to Doncaster: Barnsley: Mansfield-tick: Worksop: Derby: Ripley-tick.

Plus I already have one on my list for next year....a coach tour to Southsea, so I can have a walk down memory lane in Portsmouth.

Also I want to see my Gary Roberts play, so I guess to the Proact Stadium when the weather gets better.

We have nothing special planned for tomorrow, so hoping to tick off one of the local ones!

Ticked another one off today, Ripley. We caught the first free bus to Chesterfield, then the Derby Red Arrow, as far as Ripley.

Right enjoyed it. Very oldie worldie, re the shops on the streets, no general ones, all private. This place called Clarkes, [not shoes] it was like a maze, loved it, down passages, up stairs, er got lost! Didn't buy anything, tops were £150!!!

Cuppa in this lovely café, we were treated like royalty. We thought, only wanting a drink, that we might not be welcome. Not so, really helpful and chatty staff. My type of people, lol!

However, it was freezing cold, and I was shivering, and seeing as there was a Red Arrow due, we went and caught it. Chesterfield for lunch, then home.

Had a lovely day, and if I did ever go again, it would be in the summer!

I've never heard of it, Bez. But glad you had a good time!

Not really got any plans - go with the flow! We have plans made - wedding, wedding anniversary, Lyceum booked, night at the Trades where other half is singing at a memorial show for former MP Stan Crowther and then his son and wife are stopping with us and coming to the New York for the MK Dons fans (they live in Milton Keynes but Steve is a Miller!) We'll also be going away for a few days with other friends plus no doubt going to see our children.

Locally I want to:

Walk round Rother Valley
Go swimming - tick

Have a bus trip to Doncaster: Barnsley: Mansfield - tick: Worksop: Derby: Ripley - tick.

I forgot to put swimming on my list! So have edited and ticked!!

Went to the local swimming baths today, to the aquacise. Er, exercising in water, lol.
It was for an hour. After about 20 mins I was sweating and puffing. Just keep going under water to cool off. I started looking at the clock, and after about 35 mins, I headed for the deep end, and did a couple of widths.

Started at 10am, got out the pool at 10.45am. There were about 20/25 women in the class, so I thought, big rush to showers, I'll get in there first, cos had a hair and nails appointment.
What I can't understand, there were women there, who never got wet above their busoms - their arms, shoulders, face, head, hair all pristine and dry!!! Why not just go for a walk, lol?
Some of them were just hopping and chatting. Seems a waste of money to me!

Went to the hairdressers, they made me a drink the second I walked in, said I looked shattered, mmmm!! I've had leopard print nail art, just on one nail.
Home for lunch, then watched Doctors, then guess what, I had a power nap!!!

Busy Bee! :150:

That's how I swim not letting it get above my neck! Hate my face in water and have poor ears so getting water in them leaves me sore and achy and deaf!

I actually have to jump in the pool Caz, so under straight away. I can't walk down the steps, I judder. I carefully made sure I didn't jump in when someone was swimming by, wouldn't have wanted to wet their hair, lol!!!

Locally I want to:

Walk round Rother Valley
Go swimming - tick

Have a bus trip to Doncaster: Barnsley: Mansfield - tick: Worksop - tick: Derby: Ripley - tick.

Worksop has now been ticked off, but gave it up as a bad job, will go again in the summer maybe.

All the gory details are on the 'Winter Chatline' if you're interested in knowing what I got up to!
:23:

You're getting a few "ticked off" now Bez.

Can't stand the swimming baths - mainly on account of the fact that i can't swim !!