A surreal fact for such surreal times | Vital Football

A surreal fact for such surreal times

bfcpete

Vital Football Hero
I have been researching my family tree for well over 10 years and have made some interesting discoveries, including tracing back one root of my father's family to Normandy nobility of the 9th century (that was interestingly confirmed by a DNA link last year)!
However, if we look far enough we can always come up with one or two 'black sheep' in the family. My grandfather on my mother's side was a Geordie miner from Crook in County Durham. He had 10 siblings! The wife of one of his younger brothers turns out to be the second cousin of Owen Oyston :downer:. At least the connection is just by marriage and fairly remote.
Good job I have still got my Oyston Out scarf :grinning:

Scaringly, if we take it back far enough we're ALL related to the Oystons and vice versa...🤯

I have been researching my family tree for well over 10 years and have made some interesting discoveries, including tracing back one root of my father's family to Normandy nobility of the 9th century (that was interestingly confirmed by a DNA link last year)!
However, if we look far enough we can always come up with one or two 'black sheep' in the family. My grandfather on my mother's side was a Geordie miner from Crook in County Durham. He had 10 siblings! The wife of one of his younger brothers turns out to be the second cousin of Owen Oyston :downer:. At least the connection is just by marriage and fairly remote.
Good job I have still got my Oyston Out scarf :grinning:
Close shave Pete...😉

Bearing in mind the propensity of rapists to sow wild oats I would not be so confident that your bloodline is untainted.:grinning:

Geordie miners of the past would have sorted OO, no problem. And there would have been no need for the lawyers and the law to do it. Hitting