A Sense Of Calm | Vital Football

A Sense Of Calm

D

Departed

Even though there is an awful lot on the line on Sunday there appears to be a sense of calm, confident expectancy pervading the supporter base and the club. A sense that this time it really is the beginning.

If you were to look back and see when the glimmer of hope that the club had a plan and was moving forward emerged it would appear to be when the supporter base realized Paratici had made some very good moves in January in terms of acquisitions. The revelation that Kulusevski and Bentancur were actually PL level players astounded the majority. But the love affair with Romero and the club was the key. The player put a sense of fire back on the pitch. A sense of "do not mess with us". It was ridiculously uplifting as a supporter. A sense that perhaps we had finally found Jan Vertonghen's next iteration, if not replacement.

Romero has since become a favourite and when he is not on the pitch there is a sense of unease which to be fair to Davinson Sanchez, appears to be unwarranted, but still. That steel, the in your face attitude, that do not mess with Tottenham is now exuded from the new boy to the new manager. Oh what a feeling!

And the manager. Not much to say other than he appears to have us right on plan. What more could we want? He is the right kind of character and has the right kind of character.

While we still have to win on Sunday, there is now a sense of a journey just beginning. Sunday will determine which train we take, the express or the longer route.

Either way, and with whatever personnel, you can feel, and see, the little bounce the in step of anyone associated with Spurs. It is a magnificent thing to observe because it is no longer hope, it is the quiet, calm confidence of a group moving forward with a plan and the determination to execute.

What a moment in time.

COYS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though there is an awful lot on the line on Sunday there appears to be a sense of calm, confident expectancy pervading the supporter base and the club. A sense that this time it really is the beginning.

If you were to look back and see when the glimmer of hope that the club had a plan and was moving forward emerged it would appear to be when the supporter base realized Paratici had made some very good moves in January in terms of acquisitions. The revelation that Kulusevski and Bentancur were actually PL level players astounded the majority. But the love affair with Romero and the club was the key. The player put a sense of fire back on the pitch. A sense of "do not mess with us". It was ridiculously uplifting as a supporter. A sense that perhaps we had finally found Jan Vertonghen's next iteration, if not replacement.

Romero has since become a favourite and when he is not on the pitch there is a sense of unease which to be fair to Davinson Sanchez, appears to be unwarranted, but still. That steel, the in your face attitude, that do not mess with Tottenham is now exuded from the new boy to the new manager. Oh what a feeling!

And the manager. Not much to say other than he appears to have us right on plan. What more could we want? He is the right kind of character and has the right kind of character.

While we still have to win on Sunday, there is now a sense of a journey just beginning. Sunday will determine which train we take, the express or the longer route.

Either way, and with whatever personnel, you can feel, and see, the little bounce in step of anyone associated with Spurs. It is a magnificent thing to observe because it is no longer hope, it is the quiet, calm confidence of a group moving forward with a plan and the determination to execute.

What a moment in time.

COYS!

Magnificant. UP wards and ON wards we will go yet again.

The Stadium and its additional revenues will now be what drives us closer to the very top, and perhaps even silverware. Already, I can't wait for next season!

Super post 80.

I almost felt that Conte had focused himself on only about half his squad when he first joined. By the end of January, he had Romero permanently instated after injury and had the newbies joining. All of a sudden the "core" squad looked bigger and that has carried us through with important additions of Doherty, Sess etc.

What we shouldn't forget is how we removed 4 or 5 from the setup and put them on loan. Was that part of creating the calmness we see now?

I'm calm but possibly I'm wrong. Financially I know CL has benefits and attracting players etc. But I'm happy with Europa as I've previously said. So I'm chilled and fairly confident on 4th anyway.

I can only hope that next season we get a more balanced style of play that A) Isnt ugly to watch 65% of the time, & B) Affords us the chance to actually beat the lower table teams we struggled with solving so mightily this season.

Oh, and I am ANYTHING but calm about the match Sunday, it's Spurs. 🤞🤞

It's alway Spurs and calm and xvausch? Really? :lol:

Either way, and with whatever personnel, you can feel, and see, the little bounce the in step of anyone associated with Spurs. It is a magnificent thing to observe because it is no longer hope, it is the quiet, calm confidence of a group moving forward with a plan and the determination to execute.

What a moment in time.

COYS!
Great post 80, still a little worried at the way everyone is writing off Norwich.

Super post 80.

I almost felt that Conte had focused himself on only about half his squad when he first joined. By the end of January, he had Romero permanently instated after injury and had the newbies joining. All of a sudden the "core" squad looked bigger and that has carried us through with important additions of Doherty, Sess etc.

What we shouldn't forget is how we removed 4 or 5 from the setup and put them on loan. Was that part of creating the calmness we see now?
Totally agree mutley, we all want to 4 or 5 quality players signed. But I for one appreciate that can only happen if we shift out 7 or 8 players, that is a lot of work for Paratici.

What a moment in time.

COYS!
A very good post. Certainly the Club is in a better space than it has been for quite sometime, as you rightly say it starts to seem 'real', and the impact of both Paratici and Conte has been huge. Nobody (other than 80) could have predicted we would be where we are now even three months ago, and there are still hiccups and inconsistencies along the way, we still struggle against teams who don't allow us to play to our strengths. It should however, assuming that we complete the CL qualification, be a hugely interesting and potentially satisfying summer at the Club, both in terms of ins and outs.
Personally I'm delighted for Daniel Levy. His twenty year dream to establish Spurs as one of the elite Clubs in Europe, may not be so far away. Unthinkable last summer.

A very good post. Certainly the Club is in a better space than it has been for quite sometime, as you rightly say it starts to seem 'real', and the impact of both Paratici and Conte has been huge. Nobody (other than 80) could have predicted we would be where we are now even three months ago, and there are still hiccups and inconsistencies along the way, we still struggle against teams who don't allow us to play to our strengths. It should however, assuming that we complete the CL qualification, be a hugely interesting and potentially satisfying summer at the Club, both in terms of ins and outs.
Personally I'm delighted for Daniel Levy. His twenty year dream to establish Spurs as one of the elite Clubs in Europe, may not be so far away. Unthinkable last summer.
Another great post, love 👍