A review and an idea - VS Charity of the year. | Page 2 | Vital Football

A review and an idea - VS Charity of the year.

Well those brownie points didn't last long.

I've just been outside mowing the lawn and sent a stone straight through the wife's rear car windscreen. Smashed it to smithereens. And they can't get someone out to replace it until June 1.

Oh dear, no CL final watch in for you then!

Tell her not to park in such a daft place next time when she knows you have to cut the grass?.......then run and hide! LOL!

Life, you couldn't make it up sometimes.

Well done to Gary. Ex ,Critical and everyone on the predictor year .
Thanks to Ex for his generosity,..... and Critical for next year

What a fantastic bunch you all are . I’m proud to be a part of you all.

Last edited:
Firstly, for those who didn't read my post on a good morning thread, the last 12 - 15 months have been rough, but although it's a virtual community, we all mostly did our best to help advise, inform and support each other - that's no small achievement.

Sadly, during this last difficult period, we lost two good posters, one who didn't believe that Covid was a big deal and disagreed with the lockdown very early on, and subsequently went off in a huff, and one who believed that I was the devil incarnate and the monster who wanted to end free speech as I followed social media gov guidelines and stopped a conspiracy poster (someone who'd never posted here before, but did so under the guise of a being a Spurs fan) from posting his anti-vax and associated nonsense. I do not regret what I had to do, these people were and had cost lives.

I regret losing both two good contributors, but do not regret trying to post information that was more accurate than not and stopping some of the more dangerous theories from spreading both here and elsewhere.

These things came to mind after I read this recently (I follow him and we converse regularly about the up and coming youth at Tottenham) https://windycoys.com/2021/05/it-was-fun-while-it-lasted/

It reminded me that we also can get pretty passionate here and sadly (yes I've been guilty too lol!) it can even turn a tad personal, but despite our passion generally, we know when a poster has overstepped the mark and we then do our best to calm things down.

We cannot all agree all of the time. Please, let's ALL try and remember that. We're passionate about football and Tottenham in particular, we all want to see our team succeed.

During this rotten season for a bit of fun, we started the predictor thread and I put up a prize, and Walthy picked it up and ran with it brilliantly - for that he has my deep-felt thanks, the same goes for Nick on the player rating thread (no prize for that one, but watch this space). 80 must also be thanked for the prize he sponsored and the shirt that winged it's way to Australia (boy during covid this was an ordeal lol!).

I'm delighted to tell you that the winner; Garyonedaysoon has asked me to donate it to a charity of my choice, I'm also delighted to say the Critical Spurs has also come forward and offered to add to next years prize.

So, before I donate the winnings to a charity, the idea occurred to me that we should (as a community for mutual support) try and decide which charity for the next season we as VS could support - so it's over to you all, please post who your suggestion would be and then I'll do a quick shortlist based on some totally arbitrary criteria and then we can all vote on it!

For the record, I am also going to try and get the site owners to get Gary a winners badge on his profile - just so he can crow a bit.

Once again, congratulations to you for being a real mutual support but like-minded community and having some fun along the way.
I wonder where the troublesome two are now .
Just hope they are ok in spite of their views .

I wonder where the troublesome two are now .
Just hope they are ok in spite of their views .

Both were good posters, it would be good if they simply forgot it, as passions were (rightly I would say) running high and simply returned, but I suspect that won't ever happen. Hari was a good poster and Chiv and his pithy one-liners had me in stitches half the time, I hope both are well.

Both were good posters, it would be good if they simply forgot it, as passions were (rightly I would say) running high and simply returned, but I suspect that won't ever happen. Hari was a good poster and Chiv and his pithy one-liners had me in stitches half the time, I hope both are well.

Yep I miss them both.

#metoo