A political thread 😱 🙈 🙉 | Page 8 | Vital Football

A political thread 😱 🙈 🙉

CCJ. The NHS is in better hands than it ever has been since its inception.
As is the country. Your party is done and done. Totally. No coming back. Like the pigs.

Large parts of the NHS are not fit for purpose, as we've all had plenty of time to see this last 18 months. Its saying something that I can now go to a pub, but I still can't get a face to face with my GP. All they ever want is more money, more money, but no-one can tell you how they spend it and whether it is good value.

As for Labour, I see the Reform candidate has withdrawn today leaving a straight fight between Labour and the Tories. Starmer must realise the game is up. He's been walking round like a zombie since his Union masters told him he couldn't fire the Right Honorable Trailer Trash, and made his job impossible.

Large parts of the NHS are not fit for purpose, as we've all had plenty of time to see this last 18 months. Its saying something that I can now go to a pub, but I still can't get a face to face with my GP. All they ever want is more money, more money, but no-one can tell you how they spend it and whether it is good value.

As for Labour, I see the Reform candidate has withdrawn today leaving a straight fight between Labour and the Tories. Starmer must realise the game is up. He's been walking round like a zombie since his Union masters told him he couldn't fire the Right Honorable Trailer Trash, and made his job impossible.
If the Tories had taken notice of the warning two years previous to Covid starting that the NHS wasn’t prepared in the event of such a pandemic starting. https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/coronavirus-pandemic-government-prepared

One has to ask why weren’t they prepared. They were warned after the exercise Cygnet that we weren’t ready in the event of an outbreak. It’s Simply because both Cameron and Mays administrations we’re more interested in their cuts to NHS services. Like getting rid of 10,000 nurses Jobs. The standards at local surgeries have been undermined by these cuts from 2010 to 2020. Ten years of Tory cuts that’s why we weren’t ready!!! 👎

One has to ask why weren’t they prepared. They were warned after the exercise Cygnet that we weren’t ready in the event of an outbreak. It’s Simply because both Cameron and Mays administrations we’re more interested in their cuts to NHS services. Like getting rid of 10,000 nurses Jobs. The standards at local surgeries have been undermined by these cuts from 2010 to 2020. Ten years of Tory cuts that’s why we weren’t ready!!! 👎
Two points.

Did ten years of Tory cuts effect almost every country in the world's preparation then?

and..

Have you read Tony Blair's memoirs? He admits that when he was PM he refused to take the bird flu Pandemic serious calling it a 'panpanic' even when it started spreading out of Asia and that the UK could have ended up in the mire. With that in mind if he'd have been in charge when Covid hit we could have been another Brazil. So bearing in mind he's been Labour's only electable leader this century, how do you think Corbyn or Captain Hindsite would have handled the current pandemic if in charge? Serious question. Change my mind and convince me that the Tories aren't still best of a pretty bad lot?

We leave the EU, tell them they are undemocratic, that their system is corrupt, that they need us more than we need them, that we hold all the cards in negotiations, that we have an oven ready deal, that Britain will succeed ‘massively’ without them, that we can buy cheaper food from the other side of the World ( even though they don’t have the same food Standards), that Britain will become a global player not trapped by EU regulations ! Anon
The Express rag which has been the mouthpiece for most of this Bull Shit now blames the EU because £billions are leaving the city and setting up in a business friendly place, the biggest safest, free trading club in the World, making Europe a much safer place for its people to live in, the one that we left.
Entirely predictable, you join a club that looks after the interests of the members, then become dissatisfied with the rules and leave, then have the audacity to want to bypass the rules you had a big part in making! ……… It’s simple, we left, we gave them the 🖕, ……………in doing so we made them our competitors, get over it you Tory Rags, you made this mess own up to it!

Stop belly aching, get on with making Britain Great again......... but you can’t can you, it’s easy to see through your rhetoric, you are just feeding the sheep who you have filled with ideas of bends in bananas, we won the war, aswell as all the Face Book memes of lovely farming scenes and Spitfires, well we are killing off the Farmers and those gallant Fishermen in their Sow Westers ! Get on with it, don’t blame the EU, you told us we would be better off without them, just get on with it !!

Two points.

Did ten years of Tory cuts effect almost every country in the world's preparation then?

and..

Have you read Tony Blair's memoirs? He admits that when he was PM he refused to take the bird flu Pandemic serious calling it a 'panpanic' even when it started spreading out of Asia and that the UK could have ended up in the mire. With that in mind if he'd have been in charge when Covid hit we could have been another Brazil. So bearing in mind he's been Labour's only electable leader this century, how do you think Corbyn or Captain Hindsite would have handled the current pandemic if in charge? Serious question. Change my mind and convince me that the Tories aren't still best of a pretty bad lot?
Other countries governments probably weren’t advised like ours were. No good comparing it with Blair and bird flu. This Covid has killed over 150,000 human beings and maybe more if the truth was known. Also thousands more will be invalids for the rest of their lives due to this horrible Covid. I am sure Corbyn wouldn’t have been so blasa about it like Johnson was. Johnson’s attitude caused a lot of people their lives especially old folk like us. 😡🤛

We leave the EU, tell them they are undemocratic.

It's true though innit. Who outside of Brussels voted for von der Leyen, Charles Michel and the EU Commissioners ? I know deficits in democracy don't bother you lot on the hard autocratic left, but for most decent people it does matter.

To all aware observers the Chinese virus has highlighted all the weaknesses and failures of the EU. It's an outdated throwback to the cold war and it needs to die.

It's true though innit. Who outside of Brussels voted for von der Leyen, Charles Michel and the EU Commissioners ? I know deficits in democracy don't bother you lot on the hard autocratic left, but for most decent people it does matter.

To all aware observers the Chinese virus has highlighted all the weaknesses and failures of the EU. It's an outdated throwback to the cold war and it needs to die.

In essence it is no different to the USSR and like the USSR will die as conscript after conscript demand and regain their independance.

Other countries governments probably weren’t advised like ours were. No good comparing it with Blair and bird flu. This Covid has killed over 150,000 human beings and maybe more if the truth was known. Also thousands more will be invalids for the rest of their lives due to this horrible Covid. I am sure Corbyn wouldn’t have been so blasa about it like Johnson was. Johnson’s attitude caused a lot of people their lives especially old folk like us. 😡🤛
'Probably weren't advised like ours were' Eh? How does that work? 😂

Regarding bird flu, the same boffins that predicted the Covid deaths predicted a similar number globally from bird flu (50m world wide) but the then Labour government under Blair chose to ignore the warnings. How do you feel about that CJJ? Is it all forgiven with a nod and a wink because it wasn't as bad as expected.

Here's what your favourite rag to quote said at the time...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jul/21/pandemic.warning

As for Corbyn, I'll assume you're just having a laugh.

Last edited:
We leave the EU, tell them they are undemocratic, that their system is corrupt, that they need us more than we need them, that we hold all the cards in negotiations, that we have an oven ready deal, that Britain will succeed ‘massively’ without them, that we can buy cheaper food from the other side of the World ( even though they don’t have the same food Standards), that Britain will become a global player not trapped by EU regulations ! Anon
The Express rag which has been the mouthpiece for most of this Bull Shit now blames the EU because £billions are leaving the city and setting up in a business friendly place, the biggest safest, free trading club in the World, making Europe a much safer place for its people to live in, the one that we left.
Entirely predictable, you join a club that looks after the interests of the members, then become dissatisfied with the rules and leave, then have the audacity to want to bypass the rules you had a big part in making! ……… It’s simple, we left, we gave them the 🖕, ……………in doing so we made them our competitors, get over it you Tory Rags, you made this mess own up to it!

Stop belly aching, get on with making Britain Great again......... but you can’t can you, it’s easy to see through your rhetoric, you are just feeding the sheep who you have filled with ideas of bends in bananas, we won the war, aswell as all the Face Book memes of lovely farming scenes and Spitfires, well we are killing off the Farmers and those gallant Fishermen in their Sow Westers ! Get on with it, don’t blame the EU, you told us we would be better off without them, just get on with it !!
Take a tablet lad.
Are you so much in love with the EU27 then that they can do no wrong.....no
punishment after the fact?

I see the French under Blairlite Macron are planning on using their EU presidency to make French the bloc's 'working language'.

No chance. The French despise that English is the world's dominant language.

I see the French under Blairlite Macron are planning on using their EU presidency to make French the bloc's 'working language'.

No chance. The French despise that English is the world's dominant language.

I hope they waste a load of time on it in committee and then change it to French.
Makes no difference to me.

The difference to English is that we have a living language that assimultes/creates new words every year. I live on a road callded an avenue and my lad told me this was French but I schooled him so he know understands we now own the word : ( )

I hope they waste a load of time on it in committee and then change it to French.
Makes no difference to me.

The difference to English is that we have a living language that assimultes/creates new words every year. I live on a road callded an avenue and my lad told me this was French but I schooled him so he know understands we now own the word : ( )

The French are masters at wasting money, but as you say we're no longer footing the bill so not our problem.

A few years back Jean Claude Juncker gave a speech claiming English was losing it's influence in Europe, that weekend the Eurovision Song Contest took place with nearly all the entrants singing in English.

English is the language of serious literature, poetry, comedy, song, film, diplomacy - always adapting, always growing. French can't compete.

The French are masters at wasting money, but as you say we're no longer footing the bill so not our problem.

A few years back Jean Claude Juncker gave a speech claiming English was losing it's influence in Europe, that weekend the Eurovision Song Contest took place with nearly all the entrants singing in English.

English is the language of serious literature, poetry, comedy, song, film, diplomacy - always adapting, always growing. French can't compete.
But they do have a few good stories. The three muskateers is a favourite of mine as a kid.

Admittedly I played my part in that whole thing by creating the thread which was an attempt to move the vital chat out of shoutbox (the best part of S2), but either way it was going to get discussed, as it seems there’s a demand for it. I do like quite a few people on there but never been able to get on board with the vital criticism. Whoever is in charge on here needs to get rid of ads for logged in members, but it’s hardly the outrageous spectacle some want or claim it to be

Poor Batley and Spen, Sir Kneel was there yesterday and Look North spent public funded money on a puff piece about it. Without a shred of self awareness or irony Sir Kneel proclaimed "This by-election isn't about individuals or outside agendas, it's about the people of Batlety and Spen" - he said this standing next to Jo Cox's sister.

Now he was really trying to attack Galloway, who is eating into the Labour vote with his usual race baiting. All in all it's a simple pathway for the Conservative Ryan Stephenson to win by a big majority and claim another gain for Boris.