A plan for Jan! | Page 4 | Vital Football

A plan for Jan!

I think first and formost we should ignore anything to do with the Cowleys, articles etc.They did us no favours, working behind the Chairmans back for their own good. Saying that all the time they were here would not sell Matt Rhead. then sell him. We could really do with him now alongside Walker.( a lot of supporters agree with me on this point)
Then we beat Southend 4-0 Cowley praises Bloger to the hilt, and then drops him to the bench for MK and Doncaster game, had we kept the team the same with bossy in midfield wcould have had another 6 points. But then common decency with Mngers in football isn't there anymore. all IMO
We will be alright under MA. The players have said training is more intense, and I'm sure much more professional standard, and players saying how much they are learning with MA and DK.

I think Freck has had his day, and to release him would allow us the money for 2 players, don't know how the budget stand for MA.

so long as we keep filling Sincil Bank to fill the coffers.

come on boys lets go again

How does paying a player’s contract up in one go free up funds for 2 players?

Better option would be to see if someone will take him on loan. The club who pays the highest % of his wages can take him.
Good for the player too, puts himself in the shop window for next season.

I think first and formost we should ignore anything to do with the Cowleys, articles etc.They did us no favours, working behind the Chairmans back for their own good. Saying that all the time they were here would not sell Matt Rhead. then sell him. We could really do with him now alongside Walker.( a lot of supporters agree with me on this point)
Then we beat Southend 4-0 Cowley praises Bloger to the hilt, and then drops him to the bench for MK and Doncaster game, had we kept the team the same with bossy in midfield wcould have had another 6 points. But then common decency with Mngers in football isn't there anymore. all IMO
We will be alright under MA. The players have said training is more intense, and I'm sure much more professional standard, and players saying how much they are learning with MA and DK.

I think Freck has had his day, and to release him would allow us the money for 2 players, don't know how the budget stand for MA.

I can't agree about ignoring the Cowleys. Putting aside the fact that what they did here bordered on the miraculous i find them fascinating to watch and listen to and will be following their careers closely, wishing them the best of luck (not that they need luck)

Winning, winning is all that matters and they won more games in 3 seasons than any other manager in our history for a long, long time if ever...

I was utterly fed up with watching us being a soft touch, lacking in the killer instinct to finish games off and spurning any opportunity of temporary success as our club slowly but surely died on it's feet due to a basic lack of willingness to do anything different to rouse us out of the coma we had slipped into.

Under Danny and Nicky we became a side that absolutely everyone hated to play, a side that other teams higher up in the leagues dreaded drawing in the cup competitions and Sincil Bank became a place (in large part to the support their success generated) that other teams feared to come.

I loved every minute of our down and dirty "get the job done under any circumstances", "whatever it takes to not get beaten", "We are Lincoln and we roll over for no-one" attitude and I am not going to forget it and who created it.

They have moved on and we need to move on but we absolutely should not engage in some kind of historical revisionism of how they lacked the skill or nouse to manage our club to it's most successful period in it's history, ever.

I hope we have many more seasons of success to come and if MA keeps us in this league that will be right up there with any success Danny and Nicky had in my eyes such is the scale of the challenge.

And one more thing? That (small for this division) war chest we have to spend in the summer to improve the squad and ensure we stay in this league another season? That's courtesy of Danny and Nicky's payoff from Huddersfield, thanks to their success, hard work and instilling a willing mentality in absolutely everyone they came into contact with...

I think first and formost we should ignore anything to do with the Cowleys, articles etc.They did us no favours, working behind the Chairmans back for their own good.

Look I'm no spokesman for the Cowley's but I'm afraid that is just is not true.
The Cowley's and the Chairman had nothing but resicleable respect.
It would have been very, very easy for the Chairman to keep the Cowley's at this club but his honesty to them both allowed them to persue the other avenues that had opened up to them.

How does paying a player’s contract up in one go free up funds for 2 players?

It depends what % of the remainder of the contract is paid up. If it is 100% then obviously the saving is nil. However if you were to pay 50% as a lump sum ,then you are effectively saving half of the remainder of his contract. Taking that as an example it is difficult to see this buying 2 extra players, but it could help to buy one.

Look I'm no spokesman for the Cowley's but I'm afraid that is just is not true.
The Cowley's and the Chairman had nothing but resicleable respect.
It would have been very, very easy for the Chairman to keep the Cowley's at this club but his honesty to them both allowed them to persue the other avenues that had opened up to them.

I,m not for a minute implying this is a made up word ,just that I've never heard of it. What does it mean ?

Winning, winning is all that matters and they won more games in 3 seasons than any other manager in our history for a long, long time if ever...

I was utterly fed up with watching us being a soft touch, lacking in the killer instinct to finish games off and spurning any opportunity of temporary success as our club slowly but surely died on it's feet due to a basic lack of willingness to do anything different to rouse us out of the coma we had slipped into.

Under Danny and Nicky we became a side that absolutely everyone hated to play, a side that other teams higher up in the leagues dreaded drawing in the cup competitions and Sincil Bank became a place (in large part to the support their success generated) that other teams feared to come.

I loved every minute of our down and dirty "get the job done under any circumstances", "whatever it takes to not get beaten", "We are Lincoln and we roll over for no-one" attitude and I am not going to forget it and who created it.

They have moved on and we need to move on but we absolutely should not engage in some kind of historical revisionism of how they lacked the skill or nouse to manage our club to it's most successful period in it's history, ever.

I hope we have many more seasons of success to come and if MA keeps us in this league that will be right up there with any success Danny and Nicky had in my eyes such is the scale of the challenge.

And one more thing? That (small for this division) war chest we have to spend in the summer to improve the squad and ensure we stay in this league another season? That's courtesy of Danny and Nicky's payoff from Huddersfield, thanks to their success, hard work and instilling a willing mentality in absolutely everyone they came into contact with...
Well said. We move on. The fawning in the wake of their departure got right on my tits, it seemed some people acted like they'd literally had a death in the family! The knee-jerk slating of 2 fellas doing the best for themselves and families was equally vexing.
No doubt we would still be NL Premier at best had they not arrived. Full respect to them and nobody should forget what they did here or begrudge them further success.

Heard a rumour linking us to Jake Taylor.

Currently on loan at Port Vale from Nottingham Forest. Former Man Utd youth player. 6 goals in 19 games. Contract up in the summer.

Could he be a replacement for Frecklington, Pett or Morrell (if recalled, if able to recall)?

I think ‘resicleable’ is an excellent word and I’m going to adopt it - if I can say it 🤔🤪👏
congratulations on your green approach... we are far too careless with single-use and disposable in modern society. 'resicleable as a parrot' could be one alternative use.