A Pattern Seems to be Emerging | Vital Football

A Pattern Seems to be Emerging

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Still early days in the season but it seems to me a pattern is emerging. We have won all three of our away games but have only won one out of three at home. We are good away because we have the pace to counter attack teams who try to take the game to us. At home we seem to struggle because teams sit back which makes it a hard for us to use our pace. Dunno what Dave can do about this but if we cant beat average Altrincham and Bromley I suspect Torquay will give us all the trouble we can handle on Saturday. Not moaning by the way, nice to have a problem like this and I think it is one a lot of teams have in the National League. Any thoughts.

So far this season seems to be following a similar pattern to previous seasons, in that teams come to Pools and sit back and frustrate looking to snatch a goal on the break or from a dead ball situation. Pools still don't have the wherewithal to break down a well drilled defensive formation.

I believe Pools have the squad to be in the top 7, however not the quality to challenge for the top spot. It might take a further season for DC to assemble a truly promotion challenging squad.

Yes I agree. Even Dave Challinor says we are a "work in progress". If we can make the play offs I will be more than happy. I guess we just need to play all our games away!

In fairness Pools aren't the only "big club" in the National League to find getting results at home difficult. Both Wrexham and Stockport were held to draws last night, whilst Yeovil lost!

It must be difficult to compete against teams intent on frustrating and manipulating referees to their own ends.

Agreed but the best teams ( serious promotion candidates) find a way round this which is what Pools must try to do. It wont happen overnight and I will try not to moan if it takes time. :)

I believe that the lack of home crowds is helping the away teams, not just for Pools but throughout football in general.

For me, had Rhys Oates been available on Tuesday his introduction would have put more pressure on their centre halves. But that ship has sailed!