A Modern Progressive Football Club | Vital Football

A Modern Progressive Football Club

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
BLACKPOOL
“A MODERN, PROGRESSIVE FOOTBALL CLUB” – SIMON SADLER PROMISES TO CHANGE BLACKPOOL’S COURSE
bloomfield-road-general0d.jpg

Not long ago, a thunderous cloud covered Bloomfield Road, Blackpool tower and the rest of the town. The Oyston family had been the architects of Blackpool’s three-decade long demise. The villainous leeches extracting every last atom of Blackpool Football Club’s soul.
The authoritarian regime finally ended in a saga worthy of being in a superhero comic-book. The local boy, Simon Sadler, led the final charge to end the Oyston tyranny and bought the club he supports.

Sadler has a omniscient teaching equal to Uncle Ben’s story-book pep-talk to Peter Parker.
“To have the opportunity to be the person that buys the club and rebuilds it – that’s a great opportunity,” he told the Guardian. “But it’s also a great responsibility.”

As the countdown to the new season enters into single digits, Blackpool’s brave new hero has set his sights on a new era. He hopes to re-galvanise the community, and the restore its lost soul.
Sadler said earlier this month: “I wouldn’t say the club is able to fund itself, I would say there is some very significant investment that is needed and I’m prepared for that. You just need to look around the stadium – there’s clearly some TLC needed.
He continued: “The academy needs to be developed and of course the big one is the training ground. Squires Gate, as long a history as it’s got, is not really suitable for a club of Blackpool’s stature. Blackpool should be a solid Championship club and that is the goal.”

Sadler looks to invest in the club’s facilities, a change of infrastructure looks set to be implemented in the future.
“We’re going to build a modern, progressive football club here,” Sadler noted. “I will look to appoint a director of football to drive the philosophy of the club, while also having a large hand in recruitment.”
In addition, Blackpool manager Grayson feels unthreatened by the potential appointment: “If it takes any pressure away from me dealing with agents, I’m more than happy and he’s more than welcome to do that.”

A cohesive united future has been a forgotten culture at Bloomfield Road, with a divide opening for how the fans should have supported the club during the latter Oyston years. However, the Pool’s have prepared a scheme to bring everyone together for the first game of the season at home to Bristol Rovers.
“To mark the occasion [of the new era], we’re giving season ticket holders the opportunity to purchase a maximum of four discounted match tickets to bring along additional friends and family,” the club said.
The story of Blackpool Football Club is a tragic consequence of the community and financial potency clubs have. Their worst period of their history is behind them and they can look towards an optimistic future.
Simon Sadler will appear at Bloomfield Road as a local boy saving the town’s precious community asset.
The road to build a new positive legacy is underway.

Last edited:
Simon Grayson and the Blackpool squad will take part in a special open training session at Bloomfield Road on Monday (5 August).
The event, which will be free to attend, is set to get underway from 10.30am, with the session lasting until approximately 11.45am. The players will then remain in the dugout areas to meet supporters, sign autographs and pose for photos.
Bloomfield Bear will also be making an appearance.

Doors will open from 10am, with admission via the gate next to turnstiles 7 and 8 in the West Stand.

More than 800 Blackpool fans attended an open training session at Bloomfield Road earlier today.
The event, which was a huge success, allowed fans to watch the players train and then meet them for autographs and photos once the session came to an end.
"The buzz is back around the town and the club and community events like these are fantastic," said captain Jay Spearing.

"The fans turned out in their numbers and it's great to have that connection with them. They've waited too long to have things like this again."

Ambassadors
Popular Pair To Play Important Roles Off The Pitch

Large

Premier League promotion winners Brett Ormerod and Gary Taylor-Fletcher have signed up to become club ambassadors this season.
The pair, who scored in the 2010 play-off final that took the Seasiders to the top-flight, will this time be back at Bloomfield Road playing important roles off-the-field, such as in the hospitality lounge on matchdays, or by attending corporate and community events.
“I was really privileged and humbled to be asked to become an ambassador,” said Ormerod, who is the only player to score in each of the top four divisions for Blackpool. “It’s something that I’m really looking forward to.

“It’s exciting times again for the club and I want to help Blackpool recapture that lost generation of fans. I’m very positive we can do that and get people loving this football club again. As you’ve seen with so many things recently, the club is going from strength to strength.”
Ex-team-mate and now fellow ambassador Gary Taylor-Fletcher officially announced his retirement from the game earlier this summer, having made 234 of his 575 career appearances in the tangerine colours.
“It was about time with my retirement, getting to 38. This role now keeps me round and about and going to games, and fits in well with my other jobs,” he said. “It will be time consuming, but it’s something I’m willing to do and wanting to do for the club.
“It’s an honour to take on this role. Blackpool was the main club throughout my career that stands out. I spent the longest time here and what we achieved, as well as the rapport we had with the fans, was unbelievable. I can’t think of anything better than to come back as an ambassador and help out with the promotional side of the club.”
The promotional work Taylor-Fletcher mentions comes at a time when so much positivity is coming out of the club, with Blackpool’s former number 12 suitably impressed with the improvements in place for the players.
“It’s been unbelievable, coming up to the ground and seeing all the improvements like the pitch and the changing rooms. The club is now geared around the players so that they can go and do the business on the pitch, and that’s great to see,” he added.

Blackpool FC might play in the third tier of English football but they’re in the Premier League when it comes to stadium technology.
The League One side have linked up with Eleven Sports Media, who have revamped all the club’s television provision in its Bloomfield Road ground and installed ‘Stat TV’, which involves visuals of all the squad and live up-to-the-minute statistics displayed in concourses and hospitality areas.
Fans will also be able to enjoy Stadium TV, which is a bespoke club communication channel featuring the latest club news and information, social media streams, commercial promotions and related matchday content.
These stats will also appear across the club’s official social media pages, with Eleven’s StatTracker content providing matchday analysis and statistics across Facebook and Twitter. The cutting edge StatTracker content has never before been delivered at League One level.
Eleven, which is based on Blackpool’s Whitehills Business Park, have been providing services to UK stadiums and clubs since 2009, including West Ham’s London Stadium and Newcastle’s St James’ Park.
The company work with more than 50 professional sports clubs and venues across the UK, with their award-winning platforms featuring in the Premier League, EFL Championship, the Rugby Union Premiership, Super League and the Jockey Club’s racecourses.
In addition to putting the Eleven Sports Media brand name on the back of the famous Blackpool FC shirts, Eleven have also make a significant investment by installing the technology in Bloomfield Road.
Blackpool FC’s managing director Ben Hatton said: “Eleven Sports Media will be making a significant investment to bring their award-winning, Premier League technology to the stadium, and we are delighted to welcome them to our ever-growing family of partners. This is a really exciting time for both the club and Eleven Sports Media, and we look forward to proudly wearing the Eleven brand on the back of our shirts.”
Speaking about the partnership, Eleven Sports Media’s CEO Matt Cairns said: “Although the Eleven brand is widely recognised throughout the UK sports industry we’re perhaps less well known locally, so as we approach our 10th anniversary I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate this than to feature on the famous Tangerine shirt. Our business has been built on creating ‘a better matchday’ for UK sports audiences and there will be a particular sense of satisfaction in achieving this for our hometown club.”
The football club has recently been bought by Simon Sadler, ending the Oyston family’s long association with the club.

Modern progressive but doing away with the little things.
Ordering x2 Rochdale tickets, no problem withe the £2 booking fee now for postage it has a;ways been 60p. Today's options collect from the ticket office - I'm an exile hence using the online facility postage = special delivery £6.50!
£8.50 - I'll join the queue either tomorrow or Saturday but that is a x11 rise in postage costs = a little excessive for exiles.

Modern progressive but doing away with the little things.
Ordering x2 Rochdale tickets, no problem withe the £2 booking fee now for postage it has a;ways been 60p. Today's options collect from the ticket office - I'm an exile hence using the online facility postage = special delivery £6.50!
£8.50 - I'll join the queue either tomorrow or Saturday but that is a x11 rise in postage costs = a little excessive for exiles.
Yeah I was shocked when I saw that. I had no option but to pay the special delivery.

makes the 3 quid PATG increase look attractive.

what happened with the home club having collection facilities .